Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Imagination Trash Bin

So, we have been long overdue for ordering an extra garbage bin.  I finally got around to it, and the kids and some neighbor kids were just sooo excited when they discovered it cause it was all sparkling dusty clean inside!  They played a joke on me pretending there was some dead mouse in the shed so I came out prepared to be disgusted as I cleaned it up, then they jumped out of the garbage can and scared me silly. 

Then they started talking about all the things they could do with the garbage can: it would make a great hiding spot for Ghost in the graveyard or kick the can, they want to fill it with water and make a dunking machine, they took turns sitting in it and being pushed/pulled around in the street.  The possibilities are just endless.

And I sat there wondering why I spend money on toys when they are perfectly happy playing in a trash can?  It doesn't take much...

Then we scared Joe, then he wanted a turn in the garbage can
but did not want evidence that he was playing in a garbage can, so of course I was up for the challenge...

Ha!  Got ya! I see Joseph Wride playing in a garbage can!!!  I see you!!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad these trash cans can't stay clean! We got a new one this year and it stinks to high heaven empty!

    What a fun toy for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting use for trash bins. Who knew? Haha! In any case, the thing to make sure about bins is that they are wide and sturdy enough to accomodate both the weight and the size of the trash that is going to go inside them. Well, seeing that four kids fit on yours all at once, just proves that it's a good one. Kudos!

    Clarence Rios @ Bins By Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...