Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Studio C Season 3

We were all so excited for the first episode of the new season of Studio C last night. Corey and I were loving this one... so clever!

That is one that I'm sure we'll start hearing around here as the kids and we parents start quoting it:

"Parental guardians!"
"Frustrated and questioning response!"
" ....Asking for permission to do something you've already responded negatively to?"
Ha!

Two more from last night: WWFather & Photo Bombing 101. Cute stuff, these guys are brilliantly funny, love it!

**UPDATE**

I'm going to try to make Corey do this sketch with me at a ward talent show on Nov 2nd, so here's my best attempt at the script:

Wife - “Affectionate nickname for husband asking a question”
Husband - “Distracted affirmative answer”
Wife - “Question about whether or not you completed a mundane task”
Husband - “Distracted affirmative answer”
Wife - “Sigh. Follow up question about a small detail of the task to prove that you actually completed the task?”
Husband - “Sudden realization of what you are talking about… Quick excuse about the small detail to hide that I was both not paying attention and did not do what you wanted.”
Wife - “Accusing response!”
Husband - “ Defensive answer!”
Wife - “Listing the times you’ve behaved this way before.”
Husband - “Weak excuse!”
Wife - “Explanation of all I do for you in a 24 hour period.”
Husband - “Explanation of all I do for you in a 24 hour period. Pausing moment where I realize I don’t actually do that much.”
Wife - “Escalating tone as I state my disbelief that you did not complete the simple task from earlier!”
Husband - “Raising my voice as I repeat my lame excuse for not doing it!”
Wife - “Telling you not to raise your voice while raising while raising mine as well!”
Daughter - “Calling for Maternal Parent”
Husband - “Ignoring my female offspring and explaining how nagging you always are.”
Wife - “Equally ignoring her as I gasp in disbelief!”
Daughter - “Yelling for paternal parent!
Husband - “Continuing to ignore her and bringing up the fight from the summer of 2000 and 2 where it was decided that you were actually the one to blame. Smugly inquiring if you recall said event?”
Wife - “Reluctant acknowledgement.”
Husband - “Sports reference! Confirmation of points received!”
Wife - “Frustrated grunt followed by a statement about your brain capacity.”
Husband - “Accidental agreement.”
Daughter - “Paternal guardians?!”
Husband & Wife - “Frustrated and questioning response!”
Daughter - “...Asking for permission to do something you’ve already responded negatively to?”
Wife - “Exasperated repetition of daughter’s name…”
Daughter - “Focusing my pleading on my paternal parent and changing my physical appearance to remind him of when I was a little girl…”
Husband - “Starting to side with my daughter…”
Wife - “Negative response restating my disproval from earlier.”
Daughter - “Statement about how differently I will treat my own children one day that will never actually be realized.”
Wife - “Disbelief that you would take her side of the argument over mine! Statement of finality explaining I will not continue this discourse.”
Husband - “Indifferent response.”
Wife - “Beginning my brisk and dramatic exit!”
Husband - “Request to stop exiting. ...Question about dinner?”

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...