Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Laguna Beach

Last Monday (April 14th) we were kicking it at Laguna Beach, it was really fun, I love the beach. Sure, the cold water here in California isn't the same nice temp as in Costa Rica, but still gotta love it. Abi found some shells, then I told her that we're in the US, and here they've got lots-o-signs stating ABSOLUTELY NO COLLECTING, so we took a picture of her favorite shell.
Wes got buried in the sand...
Hyrum sporting a 5 o'clock sand shadow
Ethan catching a football (well, almost!)
Joseph and Corey played frisbee. 
I took too many pictures of them, Joseph wanted me to get the perfect shot of him catching the disc, but he kept choking when I was ready to point and shoot. Hey Joseph! Good job, you caught one!
Corey tried to teach Joseph his sweet moves, it's all in the throw, gotta keep yourself loose...
Lily was cold from the water and the wind but still mustered up a smile as she cuddled up on the ground next to me. 
I spent my time between being a bench for Sophia and a slave for Natalie, holding the umbrella to keep my princesses fair skin properly shaded. Did I mention we made it out of this trip virtually sunburn free! I felt like such a good mom. It was really windy too, and I was grateful the umbrella helped with that (after being weighted down a little with towels.) First we helped Natalie sleep in a little beach cave, then she woke up right after Sophia fell asleep and they swapped places, worked out perfectly.
Natalie found some seaweed - fascinating stuff.
We took the shuttle from the Marriott to the Beach and back. Now that's the way to travel. Someday....
Someday we're gonna buy a big bus like this to shuttle ourselves and all the Wrides and all the Hibberts all around the town and then we'll go on a big long cross country trip! We'll be able to stretch and stand and sleep with room to spare and have enough drivers for everyone to swap it out and make it unpainful. Doesn't that sound great?!
With a kitchen inside too. Yeah, someday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...