Thursday, November 6, 2014

Flying Solo: Day One

I survived my first solo day relatively unscathed. Although I wish all this Halloween candy would disappear.
Here is what most of our day time hours often look like:

Lily and Sophi play with Elsa, Anna, Belle, "Rella" and "Aaa" (Ariel, cause she sings "Aa aa ahhhh, Aa aa ahhh~") while trying to keep Natalie from messing up their game.
The toy hair blower is a machine that makes ice and it's freezing all the princesses....
But luckily Eugene comes to save the day! But it looks like he's cheating on "Punzel"
It's fun to watch these girls play. I love these small dolls and the "Magiclip" dresses are such a lifesaver, SOOO much better than the impossible to get on rubber dresses the polly pockets used to have. The girls can get these luxury gowns on and off the dolls all by themselves, it's great.
So right now it's 10:30 pm and all the babies through elementary kids are in bed - a feat that does not happen often around here. It helped that they all got tired in the car as we waited for Joseph, Melodie, and Ethan to be done with a concert at school. Mel texted me at 8:50 to say they were done, so we loaded up and were there to pick them up 15-ish minutes later. ...and then we waited in the car for 40 minutes as they did not reply to my texts or answer my phone calls. They had decided to stay and watch the rest of the concert. Nice. I felt a bit annoyed at my grand inconvenience. Just my little first world problem to bear. I did not lash out in anger, but did take advantage of our car time to get a little bit of breathing practice in. The kids were good in the car. They were worried that I was at the wrong spot and maybe they were waiting for me somewhere else. Silly kids, your mother knows all things, I got this. They're just late, so we will wait.

Corey has arrived safely. He just so happened to plan his trip at the same time as the Governor of Utah who is there on a trade mission. That's good timing, huh! He sent me this link, I was hoping it had a picture of him, but no such luck. I don't know if Movie Mouth was one of the 18 companies in the official "delegation" but he might be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...