Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fixed Furnace

We went to bed snug and warm on Sunday night, but sometime during the night the furnace broke. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning because I was cold - that usually doesn't happen. Wake up to Natalie, yes, but not cause I'm cold. I went to go turn up the heat and it didn't turn on. Doh! In the morning everyone let me know it was cold, telling me to "turn up the heater! All the way!" (1:35) It's on kiddos - not my fault. My little bed head baby wondering why it's so chilly, sorry baby girl!
An awesome repair guy came out right away to check it out. Turns out there was some weird thing going on with the furnace's circuit board and we needed a new one, which he didn't have on hand. Some rush shipping fixed that and today our 3 days of going to bed in footed pjs and multiple layers and thermal sleeping bags with extra blankets is now over. He called this morning and came and fixed it. Yup, 3 days and $800 buck a roo's later and we're up and running again. Probably a first world problem, right? Yes, we're lucky that we just have to pay money and then we get a warm shelter all winter.

...Although I admit I've been a bit grumpy about finances today. We seem to be pretty consistent having a winter holiday time unplanned expense hit us, which always leaves me ringing my hands about how we're gonna pull off another Christmas for all these kids. 2010 it was $1200 in new tires (in Chile). I can't remember any specific emergency in 2011, might have just been a typical Christmas of praying for a Movie Mouth to hurry and make it big or for a miracle that our kids will magically not want anything for Christmas besides peace on earth. 2012 - sanitizing the basement after a blocked sewer. 2013 - repeat of 2012. I hope this is our only unplanned expense this year. (knock on wood.) And I hope Movie Mouth starts making money sometime in 2015. Kinda feel like we've been praying for it to succeed for Corey for so long, trying to believe that our prayers are being heard even though they seem to be unanswered. I am "tight like unto a dish!" and we are not going to sink. If we are going to sink, He will come and calm the storm. (That's a great talk by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...