Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Baby Gender Revealed!

What do you think, Natalie, do you want a boy or girl?
I went in for my ultrasound today. All looked well with baby #10. We are going to tell the kids tonight the gender. They almost all want a boy cause "We don't remember what boy babies are like!" - true, since we've had 4 princess in a row. We'd thrown around the idea of not telling them and letting it be a surprise for them, but I want to tell neighbors and I'm positive it would get back, so my plans to not tell them lasted just until I found out the gender myself. So right after the ultrasound I texted Corey and our parents the news. When the kids got home from school, the only thing I told them was that there was a clue here in the house in plain sight, with some possible false leads as well. Here is the clue if you're interested ...
Here's a more clear picture... (this only works if you're on your 10th kid) Do you get it? ;)
That pinky on the left is Joseph, then we have Melodie next, then Ethan, Hyrum, etc and continue on to the next hand until you get the baby on the right pinky. Shh! I'm trusting the kids won't check the blog before tonight, cause it's a sure giveaway once you know what the clue is, but the kids don't know what they're looking for so I might be safe. I never paint my nails though. Ethan did ask "Why are your nails painted?" "Oh, just for fun..." "Looking fashionable!" Thanks Ethan, phew! Safe for now. I'll update later with their responses to the reveal!

~ Later that night around the dinner table ~

Natalie kicked Corey out of his spot... I gave him the camera and asked him to document the reaction.
"Kid's I have an announcement!"
"Look around the house..." I did buy two pink flower balloons for the little girls. I do that now and then so the kids didn't suspect that was the clue until I teased that it was, then they all thought it was a girl with a little bit of disappointment. I said just kidding, and then said "Here's what it is..."
They looked at me with some confusion... Mel got it first. It was fun to see their facial expressions and their minds processing the simple data and one by one they got it and knew what it meant. Here is Hyrum telling Wesley what the colored nails represent. 
Joseph - he was at Airborne with friends so missed the post dinner reveal, I wanted to have him find out after he got back so said "Don't tell Joseph and we'll have him guess..." but then Ethan said "Sorry, I just texted him..." Oh well, but maybe he won't check his phone before he gets in.
Melodie - no preference, and thoughts on the news: "It's cool, and I'm glad it's a boy cause it will be less mess to clean up (Mel shares a bedroom with her 4 little sisters) it's gonna be fun to have a change."
Ethan - wanted a boy, but thought it was going to be a girl. Thoughts on having a baby brother "I'm excited I get to go around and brag about it at school. I'm going to teach him how to be a cool guy and how to do his hair."
Hyrum - wanted a boy, didn't think it would be a boy. Thoughts: "I screamed yes and ran around the house. I'd love her if it was a girl, but I'm excited, I just thought it would be fun to have a boy."
Wesley - wanted a boy, did't think it would be a boy. Reaction: He walked around singing a song about how he's not the baby boy anymore. He is "very very very very very 5 very's happy."
Abi - I'll just her talk "Well I wanted twins, but then when you said it's not I was sad, and I didn't know how the hands told you how many there were but then I was like "oh, yeah! the nails! I guess a boy is good"
Lily - wanted a boy so it would be fair. Thought it would be a boy "I was like 'I hope it's a boy, I know it's a boy!' and by the way, I was like "'t's gonna be a boy.' I knew it was a boy!"
Sophi - doesn't know what's going on
Natalie - you'll know soon enough kid! You're days are numbered, baby girl!
 (Have I ever mentioned that Natalie is the CUTEST EVER!!!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...