Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Abi is 12!!

It's Abi's Happy Birthday today. Abi is usually the one in charge of the birthday festivities around here. So last night I jokingly told her "Do you want to go put up the birthday decorations for yourself?" She said she would, and that she did last year too, and made her own cake, which I don't remember, but I believe it. It reminds me of the beginning of the movie "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" where he makes his own cake and decorates it "Happy Birthday Me..." lol. So Abi put up her decorations last night, but she only put ABI, so this morning I got up and I fixed it to say her whole name, and then I ran to the store (opens at 6am) and got donuts and ice cream - and I made it back in time to set it up before waking her up.
No one up to party with her yet, but that's ok, we'll celebrate with you after school!! And I also got her a box of chocolates and some brownies to take to school to share with her friends. :) Then I went on a walk and found two caterpillars on a neighbors' milkweed, cute little hungry babies!
And I also had one more come out of it's egg last night - an egg that I found at my parents' house yesterday in their neighbors yard (was just over the fence) after we got back from Colorado. So yay, 3 more babies!! If these 3 survive That will make this year better than last year, yay monarchs!

It was a busy day at home. I had a lot to do but didn't get as much done as I wanted - Peter didn't nap well or cooperate much. But I'll count my wins - got Sophi's baptism program done and the RS newsletter out. Didn't write to Joseph yet, will do that first thing in the morning. After the kids came home, we all had cake and ice cream.
Some ambiance...
And making a wish...
Wesley tried out a different Clayton group called "Celebrate" tonight. He liked it better, everyone was more his size, so that's good. And the last thing we did tonight was go to Costco, cause we were out of potatoes.
I took SEVEN kids to Costco, and honestly it wasn't that big of a deal. Cause I'm a true mother warrior!

Corey usually does come back with muffins, which is why I'd rather face the frontlines myself. I was made for this battle!
Ok, well, Abi and Lily helped... We got there at 7:50, were on our way home at 8:40. After we got home, we unloaded and were going to do violin, but didn't make it tonight cause the final birthday event arrived. A birthday is not a birthday without Iveth and Diego coming by! Happy Birthday Abi!!
Maria drew a picture for Abi (I think it was a portrait of Abi) that Abi is now keeping on her wall. It was cute. Then we all talked too late and now I can't fall asleep so I'm going to write Joseph a letter and then go to bed if I can. I think Abi had a good day, she is a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...