Monday, April 6, 2020

Another Monday

Another Monday, another week of work. I've been reading the first book of Saints Volume 1. I think I listened to most of it, but I'm not positive where I ended, so I just decided to start it over from the beginning with the book and to write my thoughts and underline stuff. I like to mark it up with a pencil when I read. One cool thing I read today in Chapter 8, on page 83:

What else was on March 26th - The first vision! Exactly 10 years earlier in 1820, and then now in 1830 we see the Book of Mormon was finished and available for sale. That's pretty cool. Tim Ballard has a new book about the pilgrims coming out that I'm excited to read, The Pilgrim Hypothesis. He said in an interview with Real Talk (minute 57) that the first wave of pilgrims came in 1620, then another group in 1630. 1820 - First vision. 1830 - Church restored. 2020 - this year where President Nelson told us that April 2020 would be an amazing General Conference, and it was! 2030 - I bet there is going to be some amazing things happening in that year as well! I"m seeing a 200 year pattern and a 10 year pattern there. The Savior is going to return soon. I used to think it probably wouldn't be in my lifetime, but lately I've been thinking that I bet it will be! General Conference yesterday was wonderful. I'm excited to go re-listen to and read all the talks. Off the top of my heads, one of my favorite lines was when Elder Holland said that it's wonderful the world has come together to fight Covid-19, and then "When we have conquered this—and we will—may we be equally committed to freeing the world from the virus of hunger, freeing neighborhoods and nations from the virus of poverty." I love that and totally agree, if we all come together as global citizens, we can conquer many problems that afflict our fellowmen. So I loved that. I'm excited to review them all.

It's a regular week of online school for the Jr. high and high school kids. For the little girls, this is "spring break" and so I've enjoyed them not having to help them with all their zoom calls. Natalie made this little chore list for herself that I thought was so cute.
1. Wake Up Eerli
2. Clen Room
3. Clen Bath Room
4. Make Bed
5. Fald Clos
6. Read
7. Core 5
8. Pratis (Practice Violin)
9. Set up Desck
10. Help Mom and Dad
So I thought that was adorable. Peter is adorable too. Mel has let him borrow her discount brand airpods.
I think he feels pretty cool, or he likes the music and is amazed at how it happens. The little kids just want to play along. The kids played the Wii for free as a FHE activity tonight.
We have an extra remote and they usually let the little boys hold it to think they are playing. It's been a good day here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...