Thursday, April 16, 2020

Basement Track

Poor Daniel and Owen have been without a bed the past few weeks. We gave Mel a bed, then moved Sophi onto the toddler bed, so Daniel and Owen have been just sleeping on their toddler mattresses on the floor. We first were going to have them in the boys room, but Ethan didn't want them in their, so he moved them into Mel and Abi's room. But Mel and Abi are in the smallest room, and it didn't make sense to me to have 4 people in the smallest room, so put away the mattresses and just had them in sleeping bags on the floor, but that was sad. So Tues night I moved them into the little girls' room again.
But the little girls don't like O and D in there, cause they get into their toys. But it was an executive decision, they are staying. So today I moved up a toddler bed again and Sophi and Natalie are on the toddler beds, I moved Lily off the full sized bed and now she's on top where Natalie was, and O and D are now going to both sleep on the full sized bed. SO, I think we should be good for a bit. Although Joseph said he wants to move up with his brothers - maybe to help Ethan with mission prep stuff? But I don't know where we'd put Joseph, so that hasn't happened yet. Corey thinks we should buys some triple bunk beds, but 1) he doesn't have a job at the moment so 2) we prob shouldn't spend money on "wants" and 3) we'd need to buy another mattress if we get another bed and 4) we have 3 people who are not going to be living with us for much longer (JME) so after they leave we'll be find for bed space, so, I'm thinking we just hold off a bit longer if possible.

It was still pretty cold. Yesterday I let Peter go outside for a little bit to his happy place, aka sitting in the dirt.
Putting dirt in a bucket...
Then yesterday and today we cleaned in the basement so we could move the kid driving range inside...
Abi made the traffic lanes again. 
Round and round they go -
She marked things up with masking tape. They had fun. 
One problem with the city planning was that the kid playground slide left any would be sliders landing right in the middle of the freeway. We probably need to get in touch with the mayor to get that fixed. I guess the toddlers don't seem to mind... 
He did get his toes ran over once, but he recovered. I got these pictures of him laughing at me as I growled at him and tried to grab and eat him. Cute Peter.
It's a good indoor track. I'm glad that it's here in the basement and not on the main floor. And I'm glad that the kids are not all freezing outside or getting all dirty. I don't mind them getting dirty that much, but my hands are grateful for a break from giving them several baths a day, so it's nice to have this basement track option. The front yard track was good though, come on warm spring weather, we're ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...