Thursday, April 30, 2020

Ready for Pictures

Corey was offered a new job last Friday. It is close enough that he can bike to it, so he bought a bike yesterday! I'm a bit jealous and might get a bike myself... then we can do date night bike rides up in the lovely mountains. Or maybe I'll just borrow Wesley's bike. Today Wesley went with Corey on a trial run of riding to the new office space see how long it will take Corey.
They didn't get very far, cause Wesley had a problem with his bike. So they called me after just a few minutes to come pick them up. They left Wesley's bike at the bottom of the hill near the bike shop where Corey bought his bike. They will try to do their practice run tomorrow.

Almost all of my attention today was focused on getting ready for pictures - baths, clothes, hair, curling, a little make up, etc. Corey and Wes did have to do a last minute run to Walmart for tan pants for Wes. He had some that fit, but let Joseph wear them, so there was some last minute trading around. I checked the weather this morning, it said showers and sunshine and lighting at 4. But it only shows weather for every 4 hours, so bad at 4, ok at 8, but I needed to know the details of the middle of that window. Around 5 my friend called me to ask what I thought. It was raining where she lived in Utah Valley. "You've probably already spent half the day getting ready!" "Yeah..." So I said let's just do it, and hopefully it won't be bad, and if it is, I guess we'll try to take pictures under the pine trees for some rain cover. She arrived at 6:30. It was just a little raining, a little windy, and a bit cloudy. We did individual shots in the front yard.
And then some group shots, and by the time we were doing group pictures it was really nice and good for photos. Our last shot was a laying down one, but it was hard to make a small enough circle with 14 heads!
The pictures were taken close to home and in the lot next door, and then we wandered into a neighbor's yard who I was sure would be fine with it (they were).
The sun was shining. Selfie with Abi -
So where did that storm blow off to? The sky was all blue now!
The kids played on their playground while we visited. My friend Rochelle was our photographer an two years ago they went to the Dominican Republic for a vacation, so we were talking about that for about 30 minutes after we were all done with photos. We talked as the teenagers did funny jump poses on the trampoline - I will upload them after Ethan sends me their superman shots. Daniel picked flowers for us -
One of our neighbor's dogs came up and said hello. Peter was intrigued and didn't freak out. The dog even licked Peter's face and he didn't scream. He was startled, but didn't cry! I was impressed! He is a different child than Owen and Hyrum were. Each kid is so different.
I'm excited to see the pictures! I hope they turn out nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...