Monday, May 23, 2022

Final Week as Baby

Well, this is Peter's last week as the baby of the family. 

I hope he starts sleeping through the night, cause once the baby is here, I'm not going to be able to help him as much. It's not that bad right now, usually I just need to show him where his pillow is or put his blanket back on. Although sometimes he is just drunk tired and raging at me (first paragraph), but that's been happening less these days. I'm sure I'll still wake up to him, but I just don't think I'm going to be able to help him cause I'll be tied down with the newborn. So we'll soon see how this goes.
He was being snuggly this morning and came and curled up on what is left of my lap as I read my scriptures. We'll both try to enjoy this last week of him being the family prince before he gets bumped from his royal position by the new little princess.
As he sat on my lap, I rubbed his hair and noticed a little bump behind his right ear. It's not that big, and not red, so I'm going to watch it. As of now it kinda looks and feels like Abi's dermoid cyst. This might be a good year to get it taken care of, since we're going to meet our deductible with all the baby bills. The elementary kids have 4 more days of school. Today both Sophi and Natalie had parties/read a thons, so they got to wear pajamas and bring pillows and blankets and fun stuff like that.
I am hanging in there. Today was actually pretty good. I made a goal last week to take stuff to the DI, and didn't do it last week, but did do it today! We loaded up the car. and I left early for my LAST doctor appointment so I could drop it off first, aaaand it was closed. No donations on Monday. Drat. I went to my appointment, it took too long but I'm glad those are over now, and then I went to see if I could donate at Savers in Draper. There had been lots of donations, cause they were still putting things away, but maybe they had gotten enough cause they were closed and weren't accepting more donations. Drat again. I tried one more place, the Savers in Midvale. They had a sign there that their donation center was temporarily closed. Ugh. So I just figured I'd have to take Corey's car for carpool tomorrow morning since the van is now stuck full of junk, and I'm hoping kids don't notice the stuff in there and try to fish it out. Corey is happy that the broken pink go cart that he keeps trying to throw away will be gone. It's lost it's chair and I tried to fix it several times but the kids still use it without the seat. Corey tried to throw it out last month and Natalie saw it and saved it as she chided him "It's Earth Day!!" So I'll be able to save face with her since I'm donating it. With the car full of donations, I had to ditch Daniel when it was time for violin, cause I only had three seats in the back, thus didn't have room for the girls and Peter and him. He went to play at a friends house and it worked out well. I took the whole violin lesson this time. I was just going to play until my hand went numb, which usually happens after 10-15 minutes of playing, but it never went numb. I guess we stopped enough for instruction that it was able to loosen up. Yay, so that was fun to have an hour long violin lesson. My LAST lesson before the baby comes! I haven't had one for months, cause the girls were always getting ready for a recital or federation or something that I felt like they needed the time. But today was my turn and it was great. Sophi and Natalie both fell asleep on her couches and even turned off the light once. Peter came and knocked on the door where I was "It's Peter!" I went out and turned it back on for him. He was perfect and read books while I finished my lesson. She gave me some tips for the last song in book 2 and I hope I'll be able to graduate it and move onto book 3 by the end of summer! Violin is really fun. After violin, Sophi went to tryouts for a competition team called Blue Knights. I didn't love the commitment involved with her team this past year, and I predict that I won't be able to do as much with the baby soon, so I wasn't planning on her trying out for United again - their tryouts are this week too. But she has a friend on the Blue Knights team, so that would make it easier. But we're still hesitant, cause we kinda live by the seat of our pants, and we'd want Sophi to come with us if we decided last minute to go on a bike ride or go skiing, and don't want soccer practices, training, or games and tournaments to keep her from family activities. But we figured it wouldn't hurt for her to try out and then we'll decide. 

Yesterday after church, for some reason we were all sitting around visiting in the front room, and it was fun. Corey got out the game Compatibility for everyone to play - the "Wride Edition" that he made years ago. I was on Peter duty, but enjoyed watching them play. The teams were Sophi and Natalie, Corey and Abi, and Mel and Lily.

Mel and Lily won, but everyone was pretty compatible. We must be related or something. It was fun. :)

Another personalized game we had once was Wride Clue. I still plan on making another one some day when I'm a grandma. I also think it would be fun to make a Wride edition of a Memory Matching game with similar photos from the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...