Saturday, May 21, 2022

Last Weekend of the School Year

The kids had their last Friday of school for the 2021-2022 school year yesterday. Peter and I went over to the school to see Sophi perform in the 4th and 5th grade Patriotic Program - 

   
We've been here before many times. It's kinda crazy being here again. I remember when Mel had her program, that was the first one I went to and that was 10 years ago. I don't know why Joseph didn't have it, cause he did have the float parade. Hyrum also did the float, but no program I guess. I have no record of either float or program for Ethan. Wesley did bothAbi & Lily had theirs together. I wonder if next year Sophi will just do the float parade but not the program? I guess we'll see. So Daniel was still asleep yesterday morning when it was time to leave, so I left him home with Mel and it was just Peter and I who went to the program. Sophi was one of the few students who received the Gold Granite Grizzly award in her class!
And she did that all on her own, I didn't even know about it. I do know about the Young American award and I remember helping Ethan and Wesley both earn that (mostly helping them memorize the Gettysburg Address). I bet Sophi will earn that award next year. She's a self motivated smarty pants. 

Yesterday Owen had a play date with one of his best friends in his class, Zander. They both planned and wore the same shirt to school and his mom got a picture of them after school. Cuties.
Corey and I had our second to last date night tonight "before the baby is born" (I'm counting down everything). I took a side selfie before we left. Will be 38 weeks on Sunday. Almost there!! 
We went to a new place to eat - Eight Settlers Restaurant. It was nice, but pricey. And my salad had waaay too many walnuts. I like walnuts and all, but this was like 1000 calories worth of walnuts. But they didn't serve free bread, bread was extra. I think they should take out some of the walnut budget and move it to the free bread budget. We'll maybe go back sometime. I liked the location a lot, view was nice, food was good but not quite as good for how much it cost. 

And now it's Saturday again. Corey and I went to the Draper Temple and did initiatories at 7:30am. Last night, I went in to tell Mel we'd be leaving early and so she'd be in charge, and then she told me that she scheduled a baptism appointment for her and Abi at 7. This morning Wes told me that he and Lily were going too. So... Corey and I debated if one of us should stay home? But initiatories are faster than a session, the kids will be ok. So I made some pancakes so there was breakfast ready for everyone, then woke up a sleepy Sophi to be in charge. She came down to the couch and then didn't wake up again until after we got home. Natalie called me at 8:15 though, when we were back in the car and on our way back, to let me know that Peter was sad cause he couldn't find me. Natalie kept him safe. We checked Life 360 and saw that Joseph was at the temple too. These kids, on their own, all arranged to go together!

That is pretty cool you guys. Keep that tradition going forever. Kids that go to the temple together will probably keep each other safe and out of trouble in this crazy world.

We beat them home, but soon they were home too and I was so impressed - "Look at us! Everyone up and doing stuff at 9 am on a Saturday morning! WOW!" At 11:30 I took Abi had her last soccer game, then went to Costco, while Corey and MWLSNOD went to Corner Canyon. 

They took two cars, left a car at the bottom then took themselves up to Peakview and rode Ghost Falls down. Natalie accidentally lead them onto lower Rush, so that was an adventure for them! Kids fell off their bikes quite a few times, and I'm sure the toddlers were in the way slowing down more experienced bikers on the trail, but they had a great time and I had donuts for them after they got home. I've been craving the lemon glazed cake donuts from Costco and need to not buy them again, cause I ate almost all of them last time. Today I shared. Lily had a GMS Recital today at 3 that Corey took her to, and I stayed home on kid duty most of the evening. Mel and Abi went shopping and then went to a GMS chamberpalooza thing with Corey and Lily after the recital, then they all went to a Polynesian show thing that one of Abi's friends was performing in. Wes was gone doing yard work, so I was still with little kids and really wanted to do a ride at Corner Canyon, but the daylight was slipping away. Luckily Wes responded to my texts and came home in time for me to do my bike loop here at home. I still had a little bit of sunlight so I rode around some more just here and there and got in over 12 miles. Not bad for an almost 38 week pregnant lady. I'm excited to bike after this baby is out though. 10 more days! Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...