Friday, May 13, 2022

School Stuff and Evening Ride

Me again. I'm still here. I was struggling today with my usual last trimester complaints, but I had to leave the house cause Owen had a bike rodeo at school at 10 and Sophi had a Safety Patrol swearing in ceremony. The Safety patrol thing was at 9:30. Daniel and Peter came with me. 

I was asked yesterday to help run a station at the bike rodeo, and I didn't say I could, cause I had to go to Sophi's thing, but after checking with Mel, I offered her services. We were still a car short in the morning and Wes had the van at seminary, so Corey stayed home, I drove over in his car, Mel rode a bike over, but I forgot Owen's bike, so as soon as Sophi's thing was done, which thankfully was only 30 minutes, I drove home and got Owen's bike and then back to the school. Mel gave Owen his helmet and he saw his bike.
Yay I saved the day! Mel ready to help, Owen in front of her.

The kids were all home early from school, since Friday's are early out. Thankfully Burt Bros called after lunch and the fiesta was fixed and only needed the work that they had quoted me last week. We were grateful there wasn't more that needed to be fixed. With the fiesta back, Wes was able to take Owen to his trumpet lesson and I still had a car here at home. The kids all played, and I rested and ate more than needed physically, but it was what I needed emotionally/mentally. When time for date night was getting closer, I wasn't hungry. Corey and I texted if we should go to the temple tonight instead of tomorrow morning, and then maybe go on a bike ride in the morning. He already went on a ride this morning though, his longest yet at 11 miles, so he wasn't interested in doing that. I was up for temple or a ride, but not for eating. Anyway, we decided to not go out to eat, to count the temple tomorrow morning as our date this week, and I went to the store for a few items (treats for Owen and Natalie's summer birthday celebrations at school next week) and then I went in a bike ride by myself and it was great. 

I loved seeing the spring green in the trees this time!
I am excited for lost of rides this summer. I started my ride quite early for an evening ride, and I knew I had time before it was dark, so I parked at Draper City Park and biked to corner canyon from there and then did the BST to Potato Hill, Ann's East to Ghost Falls loop that Corey and I did last Friday. But with the extra ride from the city park, it ended up being a long 11.82 mile ride. 
...and, since Corey's ride this morning was 11 miles, and since I got 11.82, I teased him a little bit that I just had to go so long so I could beat him. He beat me in elevation and speed though. I think I had a better location, I don't love doing LCC, it's too steep, but maybe after the baby is out of me I'll feel up to trying it again. Corner Canyon is lovely and there are lots of options for trails for whatever you're in the mood for. I was done just as the sun was setting. 
It was gorgeous and saved my mood and restored my hope that I can survive the next 18 days until this baby is born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...