Monday, October 24, 2022

Costumes & Boston

We did a little bit of costume shopping today. I took DPK with me to run errands before lunch and before Daniel left for kindergarten. I wanted to get in a Costco run before Corey left... He and Wes are headed to Boston and I wanted to get them some fruit and nuts to keep them alive, and to save them a little bit of $ by not having to "have to" eat out every meal. Anyway, so I went to Costco, but before that I wanted to hurry and go by Kid2Kid to get Katharine some cold weather clothes. I got her pants, three long sleeves shirts, and some long fleece pjs. ...And a unicorn costume for Halloween. I told D&P that we weren't buying anything else, but D found an "Incredibles" costume he liked, so I unfortunately got that too. I say "unfortunately" because, since I had made that purchase, and since Owen saw it after we got home from violin, he was sad that he didn't have something "new" and he wanted a new costume too, even though he was already set with 3 Halloween options (vampire, pirate, and lego ninja). Well, I really wanted to try to go on an evening bike ride, but instead I went to Kid2Kid again and got two costumes for the boys - New Mandalorian costume for P to grow into and an astronaut one for O. I think I was shopping to distract myself from some negative emotions I was feeling from not being able to go on a ride. And I also bought her three more warm things she can maybe wear when/if she comes along skiing in a back carrier? Corey bought one of those two years ago for Peter to use, but he could stand and he didn't like it so he never lasted long in it. Maybe we'll end up using it this year. 

aaaand I also bought her two more costumes... cause she just the CUTEST and I thought they'd look so cute on her! Isn't she the sweetest little juicy strawberry you've ever seen!?!?

("Juicy" cause she's drooling, haha...) Then they changed her into the lady bug one again... KATHARINE!!! Oh my goodness this pic made me laugh so hard!
That chubby little face!!
Now why I bought two more costumes for Katharine, I do not know... maybe, since I'm so old, my brain is feeling like it is already in grandma mode and am spoiling my cute grandbaby. Maybe I'm just a giddy mother. Either way, we tried on the costumes, but the girls changed her out of them just as quick as they changed her into the next - so I didn't get a picture of Unicorn costume, but maybe I will tomorrow. But Katharine makes an adorable Stwawbewwy and lady bug! She is sure adored by all of us. Natalie playing with her at violin today - 
and Natalie "teaching her to walk..."
Natalie is a good big sister, who loves having a little sister.
The boys did great reading. 
Peter is so cute - he just is so quiet and reads and plays with puzzles the whole time every time we go to "teachers" house. Daniel tagged along today, and that meant he was able to give Corey and Wes a goodbye hug, but he was a little bored while we were there. And he and Sophi were fighting over who sat where in the car. I am looking forward to, hopefully someday, not having children fight over where they sit in the car. So, after errands with DPK this morning, I came and unloaded, made C&W some bags of trail mix and stuff, then I went to Smiths and Walmart to try and find Pink Lady Apples but they are all out everywhere, I'm so sad. So I guess I'll have to settle for jazz apples but I'm sad. I also picked up Sophi's second pair of glasses. After I got home, I loaded up violins and Corey packed, then he and Wes came with me to the school to pick up S&N. I dropped them off at Corey's parents' house, and then his dad gave them a ride to the airport. So that was nice and very helpful. 
Have fun in Boston, boys! Corey decided to take Wes out there for a little bit of college application prep so he can get a vision of what he wants to do with his life. Wesley is interested in  studying architecture, not US history, but Boston can still makes a good place for that. I would have tagged along too, but I have a baby and children in school, so it will have to wait for me. As the VeggieTale Pirates Who Don't Do Anything say, I, too, "have never been to Boston in the fall" but I will go someday. My goal while they are gone, is to get caught up on the blog. I finished August yesterday - eight posts! And so I'm going to try and stay current with "today" and this week, and also do a few September posts each day. The cold weather definitely means no morning bike rides, but we'll see if I'm able to sneak in an evening or two. I also get to drive jazz band every day though, yay (not). Time to go snuggle with my warm teddy bear Katharine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...