Wednesday, November 9, 2022

BYU Visit

I had an evening in the car, from like 2:30 on. After picking up the school carpool, I took Abi down to Spanish Fork to get her Black concert clothing. She needs them for her GMS concert next Saturday. I ordered it over the phone last week, and it was promptly shipped and delivered, but the top was way too big and the skirt was way too long. So instead of returning and risking ordering another size that might also not fit right, we decided it would be best to go there and try on the different sizes to be sure. So after school Abi and I went down to Spanish Fork for that. Little Baby K came along. 

Long drive, I was tired, but that's ok cause that just means I had an excuse to call Nicole. She saved our lives once again. It was a very short fitting session, and we left with her new concert black clothes. Sweet, check. 

Then back in the car for another long drive! Katharine was not excited for more time in her carseat. I needed to feed her too, so we went to BYU for our next stop. I had to drop off and get something for Corey, plus I had Joseph's bike to give to him, so we met him, and since we were there, I texted my other two college kiddos and said we were getting a quick bite at the Wilk if they wanted to come. It ended up being a two hour detour, but it was fun. Joseph treated Abi to a "Milk and Cookies" dessert, which neither of then were able to finish. I nursed K for a minute and then K and I joined Abi and Joseph. 

Joseph giving Katharine a taste - 

What do you think of mint chocolate ice cream, Katharine? It was a bit rich... maybe overloaded her taste bud senses? She seemed a bit in a daze after that...

Katharine took two licks and then looked like she was on a sugar overdose, staring blank-ly into the distance, thinking "WHAT was in that!?!?"

Joseph was happy to have her in his BeReal.

We said bye to Joseph and then I went to feed Katharine some more. Ethan was at work at the MTC so we didn't get to see him, but Melodie was close by, so I gave Abi my phone so that she could go find her via life360's directions. I kept Abi's phone so we could call each other. Abi explored the HFAC and finally found a familiar face in a 2nd floor classroom... and did some spying -

Mel got tipped off that someone was in the hall being weird, and Mel came out to "use the bathroom" haha...
 

And then I was done feeding K and on my way to find them - Mel took longer than she needed cause she just had to see her baby sister since she was so close to her sweet face!!! I brought Katharine over to her big sis - "KATHARINE!!!"

"Can I keep her?? Please?!?!"

Hmm, well, she has started solid foods a little, so there's a chance she could survive a few days with you... tempting. "Can I take her up for my classmates to see?!?" But then she had second thoughts... "Well, I guess that would be a bit distracting/disruptive. ...I already crashed class once with a butterfly..." 

Oh my goodness, she's so cute. Nope. Sorry, he's mine, she's coming with me!

We all love Katharine. Hang in there a few more weeks, Mel, and then you can have a few days with her over Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...