Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Hidden Treasure

I have a jar of fake gems that I keep in my closet for Katharine to play with, when I need a distraction for her. Daniel has caught sight of it and I gave him a few gems for himself to keep. Shortly after that, for some reason I was showing Daniel a little metal treasure box that the kids got for me for Christmas? It has a butterfly on it. I have started to collect jewels in it from broken earrings and necklaces and things like that. I guess I inspired him, cause today as I was helping Peter make legos in his room...

And recorded a little video to share with Wesley... (Peter is cute)

...and as I started to clean up legos off the floor, I found a hidden spot beneath Daniel's mattress, underneath the wood supports in the corner of his bunk bed, where he has been gathering up his own collection of shiny things. I got a yellow bowl to put all the loot in. There was another metal tin tucked between the headboard and the wall with coins and more treasure.

As I was looking through his stuff, I noticed some of my earrings that had their studs broken off and added to his collection. There were two sets of those. Also a few where the hook had been twisted off. They were all costume jewelry from Walmart, but I was nervous that maybe he'd gotten into some of my real jewelry. I went in to search...

He had taken pendants and items from Abi Lily Sophi and Natalie too, which is a bummer. The main one that did have value that he destroyed were these earrings of Abi's that my mom gave her for her birthday...
So that is too bad. I was pretty upset, but it was good for me to have to feel my feelings since he wasn't home. When he came home from school, I didn't say anything. I decided to wait until after he went to go add things to it or check on it, and then when it wasn't there I assumed then we'd have a little talk. So anyway, that was annoying. Abi seems to be ok with the broken earring, we don't know where the other one is. Katharine often gets into Abi's make up. We're going to all have to learn to keep important things up and away, hidden from little hands and creative minds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...