Monday, March 18, 2024

Reality

I picked up Ethan and Bella from the airport this morning. They had a great time from what I can tell. I'm sure they'd rather be back in Maui instead of catching up with midterms and homework this week, but that's life!

Oh, and Ethan got a nice sunburn! ouch!
Ethan's birthday is this Friday, but he said they'll be pretty busy with school and stuff so he probably can't have us come visit, but they might come up on Sunday? We'll be doing an early Easter gathering with Wrides to celebrate Jesus' resurrection and JeNeal's birthday which is on the 29th. We're grateful for the resurrection and believe it with all our hearts! We firmly believe that JeNeal's spirit lives on, and we will be with her again. 

I'm so behind on the blog, but I'm lacking a bit in my desire right now to catch up. I'm sure I will, but I still have entries from Nov Dec Jan Feb and Mar to do. I will try to kick it in gear. I've been in a bit of a funk today. It was such a beautiful day, I'm not sure why I am feeling so ugh. We talked to Wesley today, and I've been thinking a lot about him, as he had a hard week this past week. I loved the messages last night at the Relief Society Broadcast. Sister Camille Johnson shared how some encouraging words from a sister in South Korea touched her deeply, and President Nelson shared how much he has been influence for good by his late wife Dantzel and his wife Wendy. And I thought - if the President of the Church and the President of the Relief Society both need the encouragement of others, then really none of us should ever expect to NOT need help! Wesley shouldn't think that, because he's a missionary and "should" know and believe this or that, therefore he shouldn't have questions or struggles, well that's just not true. That's not how our mortal life works. Even when we're 99 years old, and even if we're a prophet, we will still need help, encouragement and support from others. We don't have to know it all or depend on ourselves. Of course we will ALWAYS need Christ. I tried to depend on Him today to pull me through. I won't beat myself up for having a hard day and being in a trough. Some days are like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...