Monday, May 6, 2024

FHE - Pictionary

We had another game night tonight with the kids. Tonight we played Pictionary. 

Corey was the moderator. Sophi Natalie and Daniel were Team motorcycle, using a whistle that Daniel brought home today from school (that we all want to throw away). Abi Owen Peter and I were Team bunny. 
The Bunny, the Bunny, Ooh I love the bunny. That was our team song. This wasn't quite AP Pictionary, cause Corey was moderating so he just held K. If he had been trying to play too, then it would have been AP. This was a little bit advanced though, because the three little boys were playing. But since they were evenly spread, it was ok. Owen was really good, but Peter balanced him out since they were both on our team. Owen did a good drawing of a toaster, but it looked like a Thanksgiving Turkey with those little white things over the drumstick feet, so that threw us off, but luckily Team Motorcycle wasn't having much luck drawing it either. Four Eyes was one that I got. Same thing - I didn't know what else to draw, so we just waited until they eventually said it. Abi finally guessed it, then we all started to quote Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs "Four eyes! Four eyes! You need glasses to see-ee!" Abi drew a very good priest and a very good drawing for "stomach" too, but I didn't get either of those. I did say every other word for them: pope! Bishop! Clergy! Ummm, confessions? Orthodox! Catholic! And for stomach I said tummy, belly, chest, abdomen, etc. I didn't say intestines. Peter drew wonderful pictures of planet, giraffe, cow, and elephant. He was so careful with his art that we usually had to look over at the other teams pictures to guess. We didn't get any of those though. Team Motorcycle was in the lead with some rolls of 6 and 5 on the dice, and The Bunny's team got lots of ones. But eventually we caught up, passed them, and we arrived at the finish line first. The Motorcyclists were only 5 squares behind and we were drawing to the death! 
Sophi and Natalie were actually being so crazy and noisy. They were having a marker fight and kept trying to draw on each other's faces. But since this wasn't scriptures and we weren't trying to give spiritual instruction, that's was ok.
(even if it was a bit obnoxious). I'm glad they were having fun. As we came to the end of the game, the kids were totally screaming and thumping their chests. Team Motorcycle won with this amazing drawing of a dinosaur by Natalie. 

Natalie wanted to draw cause she said Sophi was better at guessing. And that strategy proved true. Well played, good game. I'm sure we'll be having a rematch soon. 

So that was fun. A few other items. Cute picture of Katharine playing with a spy glasses thing that folds up, she opened it up over and over again this morning at breakfast and would say "Hello?" using it as a flip phone. So cute and funny. Her sweet little voice kills me, it is so cute.

Had a phone call with Wes. All his older siblings joined in plus Corey and I. It's nice to gather, even if it is just virtually.
Yesterday was a really nice day of rest too. It snowed, but that's not unexpected in Utah during the spring. I guess once we get into May, people are a little more irritated by it, but s'allright. I was glad we got a bike ride in on Saturday, since it will probably be a week before this is all dried up. Yesterday we stayed at home and I took a long nap and I cleaned up throw up from yesterday that I didn't know about. The kids had mentioned it and Abi sent me a pic over her phone to let me know there was a mess in the front room by the ottoman, but I didn't see it and so only got to it today. The kids watched Prince of Egypt, Peter said it's going to give him nightmares (killing the babies part). The girls all loved watching Young Victoria. I watched it for a few minutes, I liked it, made me want to learn more about Victoria and Albert. Abi made dinner and macaroons, we read scriptures earlier than usual, cousin Sam opened his mission call - he's going to Peru! And then on Sunday night I stayed up late blogging, buuut... I got distracted a bit with facebook and a post in my feed of mom's commenting on comments shared in this Instagram post of the Church referring to Camille Johnson's talk at BYU Women's Conference. Seems like people are quick to be stirred up to contention. Ugh I'd hate to be a public figure and have people always giving their negative opinions on things I say. I'd probably crumble, I'm not built for war. I'm happy to be here safe in our little village while Corey goes to war and goes hunting everyday. I'm also content to be a lurker and one that very rarely makes comments over fb or instagram anymore. I did a few times years ago and it didn't go well, so I retreated mostly. But blogging is a way I enjoy sharing my thoughts and feelings for my kids to read in their future lives as they grow into adults. I'll probably post something about that IG post later on my spiritual blog, which I'd like to use more. I have mostly been putting pen to paper with spiritual things, but I do try to write up when I make the time. It was a good day, things are going well. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...