Saturday, May 11, 2024

Messes, Games, and Concerts

Katharine's really been stepping it up with making messes. This photo of her playing with a marble works toy kinda is an artistic representation of it - marker on her face, exploring things in ways that they were not necessarily designed for...

Sticking her tongue in where the marble goes of a 'round the world part. So she woke up early (5am) so I made oatmeal, then we went back to bed. I was glad she fell back asleep. Then I slept in past my normal Saturday alarms, so I didn't wake up Abi and Lily in time to make it to the bus. Corey ended up taking them to GMS and I got Owen and Daniel ready for their soccer games. Right as I was heading out to the car (ODP were already in the car) K had the biggest mess of a diaper I've seen in quite a while. I thought it would be a quick change but after I picked her up and it got all over me, I called to J and H to wake up and asked if they could possibly take O&D to their games? I hurried upstairs, put her in the tub (she was freaking out cause her socks were getting wet in the bath water, and I laughed cause that was the least of her wetness problems at the moment) I changed my clothes, and I rinsed off all her clothes and my clothes and the blanket that I picked her up in. I had just picked it up cause I thought "Oh, while I'm going upstairs already I'll return this blanket to her bed" but the blanket turned out to be a shield that protected me from most of her mess. So I rinsed that off too, left all the wet stuff in a bucket, left K in the tub with still a mess around her, Natalie came up and she finished rinsing her and then took over the bath duty, and I ran out the door with ODP. Me doing all that was faster than J or H waking up and getting ready. Daniel's game was first today. He did well. I half watched it, half watched Peter at the playground. Then over to Owen's game where it was the same. Peter was bored by then but I told him we weren't leaving until Owen was done. I helped P on the monkey bars a few times. Then it was done and time to go home. When I walked, I discovered something that put me in a "I give up" mode for the rest of the day. I had survived the emergency diaper mess from K and two soccer games and watching P at the park, and  that must have used all my reserves, cause after I saw this I was sad and didn't have anything left and I've been in a bit of a funk the rest of the day. Katharine had emptied the entire (it was quite full) bottle of my 100% pure maple syrup, that I left out on the counter, into the bowls of "pink oatmeal" that was also left on the counter for the kids to eat. Pink oatmeal is when I mix frozen berries and bananas into the oatmeal. Owen Daniel Peter and Katharine all like it. Now it was brown oatmeal though and I felt bad that it looked like this would all be wasted...

No, I don't waste! This was the serving bowl, and maybe K had contaminated it a little bit, but I decided to save all the sugar by putting them into three ice cube trays. Behold - sugar cubes.
I shall be using these for the kids oatmeal for next little bit until they are used. As I was emptying it, I discovered quite a bit of gritty sugar at the bottom of the trays, so K must have dumped brown sugar in there too, ugh, that means I will not be using these, cause I try to only use the pure syrup. I'll work to have Peter and K use them. Might take us a few weeks. 

So I was in a funk the rest of the afternoon until C and I went on a bike ride. We went to Corner Canyon with our friend Rob. We started at the bike park and went up the main trail there, up canyon hollow all the way to peakview, then Rush and Limelight the rest of the way down. Rob also showed us the jump track - I did the beginner jump line a few times, it was pretty good! I got a little bit of air twice and felt out of control but was able to manage to not wipe out, so yay. Then we came home, I took a quick bath, washed my hair, then went to Nancy's b-day party with K, who was dressed up like a princess, thanks to Sophi. K enjoyed petting their dog Luna.

It was a bit tricky figuring out logistics for this evening cause there was a lot going on - A neighbor called Corey to offer us 6 tickets to Hale Center theater, we took them up on it and HSNODP went to that while Abi was at Lyceum concert, Lily was with her BFF Liesel, Corey was chillin' at home, J went to the Lyceum concert with Wayne. Joseph was such a help today - he mowed and worked hard in the yard all day. He was very helpful. I've kinda given up on the yard. I like it looking nice, but I don't find joy in making it nice, it feels pointless since it doesn't stay that way. I guess washing dishes is the same - but I understand having to do everyday cause we use dishes to eat, but the yard... I just don't care anymore. I give up. I'd love to hire someone to do it, once we have money for that. But with long grass the kids can all still jump on the trampoline ok, so yeah, not a big deal and there's no deadline, and the mess is always there and always continues. The pine needles are never ending, and I'd rather stay inside and read than rake, so yeah, I don't care anymore. Prob haven't for the past 3 years really. 

When HSNODP came back at 10:30, it was time for bed but Corey got a dinner ready for them, then JMA showed up too, and there wasn't enough for them, but kids were well enough fed. And tomorrow most of them will all be home and we get to feed them all again!

Hooray that it's the sabbath though, so no running around or anything yay! Oh wait, it's Mother's Day... nevermind! I'll be going over to my mother's house at 3 and then to Wride's after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...