Thursday, May 30, 2024

Last Day of Elementary

It's the last day of school for the elementary kids. I stayed home from morning exercise yesterday to get them all covered in sunblock for field day, but today I left Hyrum and Abi in charge for one last time and Corey and I went on a ride up the canyon. We drove to the trailhead, had a great ride and my greatest feeling of accomplishment came from doing the two last obstacles before the ruins - the rock step and the last pipe! I don't think I've ever done either of them but today I did BOTH! And Techy is so fun. I'm excited for summer rides in the morning without the school alarms going off or dumping on Hyrum. Now kids can just sleep in, although I'm sure Owen will still get up early, cause he's got this internal clock that is set and will keep him on a tight schedule. School got out early and the kids came home soaked because the school had a fire truck there to spray them. So fun. Natalie turned right around to go to a "Bye to 5th grade" pool party with her whole class at someone's house. So fun. 

We are totally spoiled to live in such an awesome area with so many generous and fun neighbors. Natalie carpooled off to that with 5th grade friends from the neighborhood, and Owen and Daniel went to the circle for the traditional celebratory ice cream party and to throw colored chalk in the air. Daniel was all blue after that. We sure love where we live! Hooray that summer vacation is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...