Friday, September 7, 2012

Crazy Days

It's that time of year again, the day the kids most look forward to every elementary year - CraZy hAiR dAy!  The kids are excited, Ethan's really hoping that he "wins" this year, however that process works.
Our busy and crazy birthday week is over - Sophia had a good birthday yesterday - she is super excited  about this new little push or ride toy that Corey's parents gave her, super cute, she's like a queen on parade riding her royal throne, she loves it.
Abi had a happy birthday too, I didn't share this yet, here's my favorite shot of her, sportin' her new outfit that she is going to wear "forever" and even to church.  Then I said "not to church, but you can wear it forever."  And how she learned to pose like this I do not know...
Lily is just cuter and cuter every day.  I love 3 year olds.  Her little smile and voice is just precious.  She was having such fun in the tub yesterday, very proud of herself that she could put her forhead in the small stream of water coming from the faucet, it was so cute.  I bought her a little princess dress for Halloween that I gave to her early to help her little 3 year old mind bear with the injustice of her sisters getting all these presents without her.
My mom gave Sophia some bath toys for her birthday, and yesterday as they took a bath I realized it was the one chance I had where they are all contained and happy and "cool - I have 5 minutes to read!" So we're going to have baths as part of our daily afternoon schedule.  Happy Brithday girls.  

Lastly, yesterday over at the blog "A Holy Experience" I read this post about cultivating a habit of focus in an age of distraction - she mentions this research that she read:
“So, a study at The British Institute of Psychiatry showed that checking your email while performing another creative task decreases your IQ in the moment by 10 points. This decrease is the equivalent of the effects from not sleeping for 36 hours—and exhibits more than twice the impact of smoking marijuana.”
I can believe that IQ drop that comes with frequent email checking.  So today, I'm going to finish typing this blog post and then I'm going to turn my computer off and so help me leave it off, and we'll see what blessings come out of it!  I'm sure I'll have more time to enjoy my little ones.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...