Monday, September 9, 2013

Ninja Warriors

A few weeks ago, Corey and the kids were gone at a Brazilian BBQ and I was home nursing a baby and watching tv. I surfed onto a new show (for me) of America Ninja Warrior. Pretty amazing and tough stuff those people are doing there. I knew the kids would like it.

Last week I remembered it and we put it on the calendar - the kids watched it with me and now they're hooked. They spent the rest of the week trying to do handstands and jumping over obstacles and working at whatever skills they thought could prepare them to be Ninja Warriors someday. They are excited for the show tonight, which is Stage 2 of the finals.

It's seriously so amazing the things that people can teach and train your body to do. The Ninja Warrior Parkour guys are the most impressive, like Jesse LaFlair, how they just make any obstacle look effortless. The kids shared this with me - a real life Super Mario Brothers! Then I showed them this Assasin's Creed one which was the first time I heard of parkour, pretty cool. Both of those were filmed here in Salt Lake, you can see some of the same places are in both videos. Ronnie Shalvis is the Assassin's Creed dude and also Luigi - the kids have started studying his tips on parkour. We'll see who of the kids decides to take this up, maybe I'll try to learn it with them. ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...