Friday, September 27, 2013

S'mores Pudding Dessert

I made this dessert for dinner last night. Super easy to make. Put the following ingredients in a cup in this order:
roughly broken graham crakers
marshmallows
chocolate pudding
whipped cream
sprinkle with chocolate chips

Having this visually tempting dessert sitting on the bar was highly effective in getting the kids to eat their dinner. Only Lily missed out. I got the goods to make this after finding it in my recipe book where it's been for 5+ years but never been made. (I think I've finally about got the plan-your-meals-for-dinner-before-going-grocery-shopping thing down to a system!!) The kids were super excited... (Can you tell?)

We've got another variety of this on the menu soon. I worked so well cause we played the "If you're naughty dad takes a bite of your dessert" game, so the kids all behaved very well. Sophi was the cutest, cause she repeatedly tried to drink hers pudding parfait.
 Hyrum showed her how it would work better with a spoon.
 "Thanks Hyrum, ol' buddy. I'll take it from here."
(And I was proud of myself cause I had such a big salad to work on that I didn't even get tempted with the treat, I didn't have even one chocolate chip! woo!)

2 comments:

  1. Now that looks really yummy! I'd definitely eat my dinner for that and the serving looks huge. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do NOT remember that mom! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...