Saturday, August 12, 2017

Behind

Hi. So I'm really behind on life in pretty much every way. I read this article last week about the busy-ness of today's world - it does make we wish for a simpler time. Maybe that is why I'm taking such good care of the caterpillars right now - it's simple and doesn't take much time or effort, nor do the kids (or caterpillars) come behind and undo my work. Although they do leave a lot of frass to clean up and I have to make sure they still have leaves to eat. But it's still pretty easy. Perhaps that's why it's a good escape from life - and it makes me feel capable. So for a quick update on those magical creatures - We had 3 butterflies this morning, and we had 7 yesterday! It was really fun. Here they are just up over the fence on our neighbors pretty hibiscus flowers!
We have a lot more still coming. We had 15 in chrysalis already and we had 6 turn into chrysalis today, four yesterday, and we have 8 more caterpillars in various stages. It's fun and reminds me of the simple things in life. It's my small attempt at living in a little house on the prarie or in the big woods.
I think Corey and I are both on survival mode. He's running at full speed more than I am. The little ones make sure I never get much of a fast pace going. My mode is generally a slow walk cause I'm pushing a stroller or holding a baby while Corey's mode could be compared to that of a man on a mountain trail running for his life, trying to find a way through the brush with a mountain lion in pursuit.
"... many entrepreneurs harbor secret demons: Before they made it big, they struggled through moments of near-debilitating anxiety and despair--times when it seemed everything might crumble. It's like a man riding a lion. People think, 'This guy's brave.' And he's thinking, 'How the hell did I get on a lion, and how do I keep from getting eaten?" - from the article The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship.

So my problems are easy compared to his, although I guess he and I are in our problems together! I need to plan meals and cook, I need to clean and do laundry, I need to budget and pay bills.... I'm trying to catch up with blog posts from June still... The house does look a little cleaner right now cause the kids have been helping me a little bit for the past hour (after I was on the verge of tears). Ugh. The lazy days of summer are almost over. School is on the way. I think this next week I might kick it in high gear and pretend the school year is underway, that way it won't throw me into shock. On the bright side - the kids are only in 3 schools this year instead of 4, so that's good.

I'm ready for fall cause our yard is an unkempt mess. I planted flowers and tomatoes once upon a time (2014 to be exact), but now I don't even bother. The weeds overcome the flowers and the deer eat the garden, so I give up. I'm struggling just to keep dirt free of weeds, never mind planting flowers in it. If we could pull the weeks or do yardwork together regularly I'd be happy and call it good. But I haven't pulled any weeds since Corey's birthday (not counting the milkweed I've been harvesting daily for our caterpillars) And I wouldn't have pulled weeds then if my angel friend and her girls hadn't started doing it first. So I'm ready for the frost and cold to just come and kill all the plants for me. Too bad that is still months away. My apologies to our neighbors who have to look at our yard! Sweetie, maybe I am ready to wave the white flag - feel free to arrange for yard care and a maid at your convenience.

So, I've got to catch up with blogging. Just finished June as I finally got pictures from Corey and Joseph's trip to Boston. Now to finish July and August. But thought I'd touch base here as to why I'm slow to update - I've hardly sat at the computer at all this week. I'm in a bit over my head. Corey and I are both about at our max. He's reached a new level of difficulty even beyond his last new level, which was impressive. As for me, I'm just trying to breath. Looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow. Last week I felt refreshed after church, I hope to be nourished again by the good word tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...