Friday, March 26, 2021

Easter Egg Hunt 2021

It was the annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt today. We just had to take over 12 eggs by 11:00 for each kid that was going to participate. We donated our eggs last night. Today at 1 they were ready to go!
All the kids were lined up into age groups and told which yard they were to search. Everyone searched for 12 eggs, then came back to the culdesac, and after everyone was back with their 12, then it was a free for all for any remaining eggs. Peter was super cute. Abi really wanted to take him over, but he didn't want to go. I let him finish his lunch and then I took him over. He wasn't interested in the eggs though. He would walk right over them or away from them. "Peter! Look, an egg! Do you want the egg?" "No egg..." was his reply.
Even after Abi showed him that there was candy inside he still didn't care. "Wow, candy. No egg..."
Abi picked up eggs for him anyway. Since we had just been trying to get Peter to play along the whole time, I didn't get any pictures of Sophi, Owen or Daniel, but we saw Natalie and I got her to pose for me. 
She just got an egg out of her bag and put it on the sidewalk, then I said "Go do it by the bush, that's more realistic... Now look at me!" Finally when almost all the kids were done with their dozen eggs, Peter finally picked up one and put it in the bag. Yay! 
Peter saw me with my phone taking a picture of him, and he paused and said "CHEESE!!!"
He is stinking adorable.
Sophi invited two friends from another neighborhood to join us, there were plenty of eggs to go around. 

It's a fun neighborhood tradition! Today was also a little more adjusting to our new soccer schedule that I'm not looking forward to, but I plan to submit cheerfully to it (Mosiah 24:15). Sophi and Lily both had practice at the same time, but at different parks, so I took Sophi to Corey at work and he took Sophi, while I took Lily. I also has NODP with me. P fell asleep, NOD went to go have fun on the playground while we waited. I thought Lily's practice was only 60 minutes. It was super old and raining, and they ran back to the van. Owen stayed out for a while. When he came back, he smelled like a wet dog and was sopping wet. But on the plus side, that made the humidity in the car high enough that Natalie and Daniel were able to draw on the windows!

That was about when I learned that Lily's practice was actually 90 minutes. It stopped raining, NOD got out of the car to play, then they'd come back in, there was a bit of back and forth. The cold open doors and loud kids woke Peter up from his nap. He stayed in the car the whole time and I read as they watched Peter Pan. 
If I had know the practice was 90 minutes, we might have done things differently. Hopefully next time it will not be so cold outside and it will just be a fun time at the park. When Lily was finished and it was time to go home, the sun was shining. It was still not warm, but it was sunny with blue skies to the south. I hurried home, got Abi, who had practice at 6 and we all turned right around and zipped back to where we just were with Lily - they both had practice at the same place. Then back home again, got ready for a date, went to India House, and that was close to her practice so we were done in time to pick up Abi at practice shortly after 8. I was enjoying the slower pace of life that covid gave us, but I hope I can adjust well to the run around life that we are choosing for ourselves. I hope the kids have the opportunities they want to have, cause we are trying our best to give them every opportunity that we are physically able to do without going crazy or having major negative side effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...