It rained again last night, so I was hoping to get out in the mountains again this afternoon. How about a little hike? I ran it by the kids and I was please that the boys were all willing and even eager to come with me.
I told Katharine she could come, but she HAD TO WALK the whole time by herself, I couldn't carry her. She sweetly and obediently said "okay" and she did so good. She did walk the whole time, and even ran up the hill back to the car at the end. We went to Pooh Corner first, which is the end of Techy, then took some of the techy trail up. Daniel was anxious to get up to the ruins, but I told him that even if we don't make it up there, there are lots of fun places all along the creek. They enjoyed climbing on some logs -
And we found a spot where the were all able to sit.
We did finally make it to the ruins. K unloaded all the rocks she had been gathering from her pockets into my backpack (she's so cute)
Owen was ready to head home so he could hang out with a neighbor before they went together to a rodeo in Spanish Fork. Daniel wanted to stay longer. I told him we'd stay, Owen was going to be gone all evening with his friend, he didn't need more time now. Then some ominous clouds were rolling in and Daniel said we should go. We all agreed we better get back to the car before we got wet. We got some water, oh but then real quick, cause this is why I came up here... I took out my blanket that I had been carrying in the backpack, and we cleared off a bit of leaves and dirt from a hidden spot to make a soft space for us to rest. And let's lay down, ahhh!
So relaxing.
Owen took a video. Step 1 was coming to the ruins. Step 2 is ruins with a blanket, check!
Step 3 will be ruins with a blanket and staying for 30 minutes for a nap or to stretch or meditate and soak it all in. We will be back again soon!
The girls got home around noon today from their sleepover with Mel. They went to a doughnut shop close to Mel's apartment before they headed home.
Awww cute little Katharine! I love that little face.
I'm glad they had a girls night, and it's ok that I wasn't able to go (Corey was working late and I had no sitters!)
I'll try to go to things when they invite me and when I can, but I'm also ok living the life I'm living. Corey and I did sneak out on an early ride before the boys got up - off to the ruins once again. I didn't want to miss my morning ride!
Cause we got our habits and rituals that we enjoy and that are working for us, plus we love our canyon. Mel sent me these pics of where the girls slept at her house -
K all safe and snug between her big sisters.
No comments:
Post a Comment