Monday, May 2, 2011

Last Day of Church in Chile

A lady at church yesterday who loves my kids and who my kids love brought them over a gallon of treats and cookies to try and bribe them into staying with her AND 7 baby bunnies! Needless to say she had their full attention and I did not have control over them at all at church - They were almost persuaded. Once we got home, I, the government, promptly confiscated all their booty and with threats such as "If you ever want to see your candy again, stop teasing your sister" they all became my reluctant subjects


Another lady in our ward (Mary Joe - she's such a cutie) almost lured Abi into leaving church with her cause she has a pet cat!

I barely talked her out of it with promises of a pet bunny. Kid's minds are so simple - Sometimes I'll see Lily walking around holding a DVD or something and instead of just taking it from her, I like to put quickly and unnoticed by her place a random attention getting object (like a book, piece of candy, cell phone) in her path of vision, and 99% of the time she goes for it. So funny. I think that example is how God also knows what we're going to do in a given situation, but still we are the ones with the liberty that make the choice - he just knows us too well. We are like little toddlers easily distracted, but it helps Him get us where he wants us to go.

I also had to get a picture of Hyrum with Laura - she was in his church class and in his class at school which I think (in addition to being bribed with a Hogwarts Lego Castle) made his time at school much easier to adjust to - they like to play tag and the games usually carried over the weekend into the church block time. "Pinta!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...