Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our Beautiful Home

We are currently living in the most wonderful home that is perfect for us, in the most beautiful location in Utah. Seriously, it's just perfect. Not a thing I can think of that I'd change in the home, but if I could I'd give it's current homemaker a gift of knowing interior design, I really need style help. We're starting with a clear canvas, and I'll go slow, and maybe if I watch a little HGTV, I can make it as lovely as it's surroundings (or Jersh? You or Jared available to come give a consultation?)

So, here is our lovely springtime view of the mountains from the front porch and kid's windows:


It's been a crazy spring, although we haven't experienced most of it. There is still a ton of snow on top of the mountains even though it's almost June! It's very pretty though.

Here is our front yard where Wesley and Abi like to play "Indiana Jones and Cinderella"

fun rocks for climbing and jumping off of - not too high, perfect for creative little minds. That white fence on the right borders on a tree farm.


Here are my boys home from Cub Scouts, you can see the unfinished dead end of the street and the trees that are our lovely neighbors - with it being a dead end there is absolutely no traffic. Nice to not worry about the kids going outside and not hearing it - definitely a major difference from what we experienced in our city apartment in Santiago. It's like you can relax here or something! I love to hear the wind blowing in the trees! And we have so much shade, and it's so pretty during the day, and at night time it's so dark and quiet and still, it seems like we're up in the mountains. We even have a family of squirrels that live in the back yard - we've seen 5 of them, a really big one and 4 average sized ones, maybe a mom and her kids? We've tried to feed them, but they run and hide. I might need to buy binoculars so we can watch them more closely from the kitchen.

My friend Monica was living here before us, and we'd exercise together in the mornings. After our workout and visit, I'd walk home and look up at the mountains and the trees and just sigh and fall in love, this is a little corner of heaven, and now it's my family's little corner of heaven! I feel so lucky and blessed and hope I always am full of gratitude to God for giving us this perfect home and area, I just love it! You know it wouldn't have worked out timing wise if we hadn't done the Chile thing, so I'm really grateful that Corey had that opportunity and that I was willing to go along ;) it was a great experience and I feel this home is my reward for being a supportive wife and doing it with him. It was totally worth it, a win-win opportunity. So happy to be back in Utah and in this lovely home! Come by for a visit anytime! Hopefully we'll have a couch for ya to sit on. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how good I am at decorating, but I'd love to help you! I love hanging stuff on walls. I might even have some stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an absolutely wonderful place to raise a family! How's the weather there? The view of the mountain is so scenic, so beautiful -- it seems like the perfect background for the homes in the vicinity. It seems like you can relax around there for hours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...