Monday, March 19, 2012

Wax Museum

The 3rd grade at our elementary is really fun for the kids. They all look forward to the 3rd grade play and the wax museum. Last Friday was the Wax Museum for Hyrum. He was Abraham Lincoln. He started off this exciting day with a healthy breakfast - cold cereal.

"Hi, I'm Abraham Lincoln, and I'd like to say Honey Bunches is part of my nutritious breakfast."

The Wax Museum was at 9:30. I went to the school cafeteria to the museum.
They had the statues organized by year, so Abe was near the front. I came to Hyrum and accidentally said "hi!" to him. He did not reply, but stared at me blankly like this:


Oh, that's right, you're a statue. So, since we were both there staring at each other, I thought I'd take a few more pictures.

Then, lo and behold, an announcer says "if you could all remain where you are in line, we'd like to give our statues a quick break to stretch..." and a huge sigh of relief goes up from the kids, along with pained expressions from having to hold still for so long:


"Ooh! My achin' back!"

He talked to me for a second, which was nice, and then it was time to freeze again and let a glazed expression gloss over his face...


It was cute. On Sunday, he wanted to wear his Lincoln paper bow tie to church. When I saw him come in, I told him he couldn't wear a paper tie, it looks like play dress up, and we don't wear play clothes to church, we gotta wear real clothes. He was quite upset, but then I offered he could wear Corey's bow tie. This is the bow tie that Corey wore on our first date when we were Sophomores in High School - Hyrum was a little skeptical of wearing a fancy looking red paisley fabric print tie, but gained some confidence after Corey and I were a little giddy at how stinkin' cute he looked:


I thought he looked so dapper!

Doesn't he look like a professor or something? Hyrum was 1 year old when he got his glasses, and his nickname at that time became "The Professor." Yesterday we were reminded of his nickname and called him "Professor" all day. Hyrum felt pretty cool when Corey said "That's what you look like - Indiana Jones when he's dressed up as a professor!" Hyrum is now sold on paisley bow-ties. I better go find some for him so this sentimental heirloom one doesn't get destroyed by kids. For they do or eventually will destroy 97% of the things they come in contact with.

2 comments:

  1. He DOES look like Professor Indy! (So he was dressed as Indiana Jones for church, eh?) :) ~Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the picture of him in the tie and thought (before I read your commentary), "He's definitely the professor." And yep, he is. The round glasses give him a Harry Potter look too, if he had the dark hair to go with it. I love reading your blog Tiff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...