Saturday, September 28, 2024

Enjoying Fall

I loved my ride on Thursday, and have been wanting to get back up there again. This morning Corey and I made it up around 10 am, and did Armstrong and HAM. We asked a kind fellow biker to take our pic after our climb was over and we were ready for our descent on HAM. 

It was a beautiful ride. 
Another pic during the climb.
I didn't take any photos on the descent, cause that was the fast and fun part. I got out in the mountains again tonight by doing a quick impulse hike to Lisa Falls. I wasn't prepared for it, hence the reason why K didn't have shoes and I carried her on my back. 
Thankfully it's just a quick short hike, and the water wasn't too cold. I took her there after taking Corey, Owen and Daniel up and dropping them off for a downhill ride. They didn't have much time to make it before it was too dark, so I was killing time in the canyon in case I got a call to come rescue them. But they made it down ok, and they took the road home. Corey had his bike light and the boys each had a lights on their helmets, so they were visible to drivers, so that was good. 

I was glad to get out twice today, cause yesterday I was in a real funk, feeling stuck and restless... I really wanted to be in the mountains, but had elementary kids home from school today after parent teacher conferences this past Wednesday, plus violin group class at 4, plus a neighborhood gathering at 6 that we had to help out with, so our prime biking time in the evening was all spoken for. It was a big fall potluck party, with a bounce house, fire pits and smores, and chalk drawing... K eating a rice krispy treat ~
And over by the chalk art.
and enjoying a monster dog! Do you think you can eat that, Katharine?
Natalie was getting a tumbling lesson from a neighbor Liz. Natalie really wants to do tumbling. I'm all for it, once we have the funds. 
It was good to be there, even though Corey and I both feel anti-social sometimes. I'm glad we got out into the mountains today. I'm glad we don't have soccer games right now. I would have signed up Owen and Daniel, and tried too, but I was too late, so we didn't get the coach we wanted and weren't able to have their friends on their team or be at the field we wanted (Lone Peak park was full, but we could have done Buttercup or Flat Iron) but I didn't want to go to two fields, so I told Owen and Daniel we missed it for this season but we'll do it in the spring. In the spring I think we'll be ready to get outside, but right now, with wonderful fall weather here, I'm glad we don't have another thing on our to-do list and that we can take Saturday morning bike rides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...