Monday, September 30, 2024

Fall Brilliance

We didn't have violin today, so I made the plan to leave as soon as the kids were home to go for a ride. I thought I could go to Park City, but I think most of the leaves have fallen there. Atleast half of them were off when I was up last week. Plus driving up there would take up half of my allotted time. But I thought to myself "If I go someplace close by, I can still be gone 3+ hours, but that time will be spent biking instead of driving!" So, that's what I did! I went to Corner Canyon and was gone 2 hours 23 minutes, did 15.91 miles.  BST > Ann's West > Maple Hollow > Vertigo > Eagle Crest > Rush. My favorite photo of the ride was this on Maple Hollow close to the top - I went around a bend and then was surrounded by red!!! It took my breath away and I stopped then cheered "WOW!" 

wow wow wow. A few other pics from my climb ~
Oh it was just lovely. 
Getting the sun shining through the leaves - 
This one near the bottom of the Little Valley Loop.
So yeah, it was just heaven. I listened to a podcast on the Sermon on the Mount, thought about ways I want to become better and be a more faithful disciple of Christ. 
Getting outside, especially in the fall, is one luxury I let myself take advantage of. They were in good hands with my older kids at home, and Abi was making dinner too. She was making something simple, but I took so long, so Corey got home and I was gone so they made more for FHE - some halloween-ish stuff - Scary personal pizzas and spooky donuts. 
And they were watching The Nightmare Before Christmas when I got back. I'm glad I didn't miss anything too important, meaning I personally didn't want to eat any of their sugar donuts, I did have a few bites of pizza. No one missed me, and that's good. It is good for my soul to be out in the mountains. I kinda mostly do my duties in the morning and during the day (oatmeal, laundry, cleaning) and in the afternoons, that's when I sometimes take off for myself. I'm back on duty in the evenings for baths, scriptures, reading with the kids, etc. Today is Bella's Birthday. We sent a text, and were thinking of taking her and Ethan out to eat sometime this week? Whenever she's not busy, I'm not sure what our bday policy is for daughters in law, I should prob figure it out. Probably $... I'll try to get on top of that. From pics she sent, it looks like Ethan took good care of her for her birthday, good job Eth. Corey takes good care of me. He does a lot of Sunday and in the weekday afternoons when he's home. He did a ton yesterday, making lots of meals for the kids with orange rolls and tapioca and lots fo food food food (Is food a love language?) Peter really liked the tapioca with strawberries. Peter excitedly said "We should have this for dinner someday!!" 

Corey said "How about for lunch now?" Oh, good idea dad! Taking a pic to share with Wes. 

Peter, you are still so photogenic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...