Tuesday, July 7, 2026

DISNEYLAND!

Today we went to Disneyland!

Yes, there will be way too many photos shared in this entry. I needed all my energy today, so I had a nice big salad for breakfast with beans and kimchi etc etc... I won't add that pic, cause everyone knows what a salad looks like. Then it was time to head to Disneyland! Last night Corey twisted his knee, so he didn't want to push it by walking around Disneyland all day, so he gave Hyrum his ticket and then he drove us there and dropped us off in the rental car he rented so we'd have room for everyone today. Wes and Katharine came with Corey and I. Corey took us to a close drop off stop while everyone else went in for parking. We let the older kids cover the car parking fees.
Corey gave Wes instructions on when and where to meet him when Corey brought dinner out to us. Ok, it's a plan. I told Kathrine to say goodbye to Belle Bear ~
...and then I let her take her into the park, cause I can't stand up to this girl. 
Just kidding, I can! And I will and I do when it's something important. This was not a big deal though. So we waited for everyone, but they were taking too long, we called to see where they were, Abi didn't bring my K was done waiting, so we walked in and started walking to the castle. Pretty exciting, huh Belle Bear!
Pic of K and Wes. 
We took the little walking tour of Sleeping Beauty's castle, which emptied in a princess gown shop. Uh oh... "Oh! I want that dress, and that dress! and that dress..." etc etc.
I thought things were about to get bad and she'd cry when I told her we weren't going to get one today, but she was fine. What a good girl. We went through the Sleeping Beauty castle again, and then everyone was caught up to us. We made a wish in Snow White's wishing well, then went to take a group pic in front of the castle. I took the one at the top of this post, then Bella swapped with me and I got in this one. 
Ok! What do we do now?!? We just started walking, and I walked into the storybook line, and everyone followed me. Little boys were not impressed "Why are we going on this ride??" 
We're just standing here while we talk to figure out what we're doing. We made our plan of attack - Boys and the cool kids are heading to Star Wars land after this ride, and girls would take Katharine to go find princesses. This Storybook ride was a great one to start with. Our group of 16 meant we got our own boat! The boys were excited to sit on the bow of the boat.
While we were in line, the kids found an old video of little 4 year old Abi being afraid on this ride when we went to Disneyland in 2012 when we were headed toward the whales mouth, and that's what happened with Katharine. Abi got a video of it, I'll have her share it. But then the terror was over and we were suddenly in a magical place and they loved seeing all the miniature castles and stuff, so cute. Ok, off to see princesses! First Hyrum called and said they just saw Moana right by the Storybook ride, so we turned around and found her real quick - she took Katharine's hand and invited her to walk with her. 
They paused for a quick pic ~
And then ALSNK and I were off to find what princesses we could find at the Royal Hall. 
There were a lot of princesses waiting in line. Three Elsa's, haha cute
Sister Selfie as we waited in line. 
(Sisters & mom) I have a lot of pretty daughters.
We ate cold edamame and clementines while we waited in line for almost an hour... finally we were up next and then it was our turn to go in. Yay! The first princess Katharine met was Belle!
This was a very convincing Belle imo. I took a video of each of these interactions, and it was really precious. Next princess was Mulan, she was really good too! 
We weren't rushed at all when Katharine was talking to them. It was so cute. She was star struck and they were giving her their full attention, asking Katharine all sorts of questions and making comments. Anna noticed that Katharine was wearing a  dress with a picture of her sister. (Very impressive how well they play their princess roles). We joined in the photo with Anna. With all the others, we just enjoyed seeing Katharine meet the princesses. 
Then we headed to Star Wars "Galaxy's Edge" and met up with da boyz. 
They were all on a ride (Rise of the Resistance?) except Mel and Christian who were watching Alvie. When they came back Abi and I used their fast pass to go on it. Ethan and Bella had a pass they were able to use cause of Alvie, to swap out taking turns on rides while the other waited for him, so they shared that with us. Then we went in the Millennium Falcon and some simulated ride thing to fight the First Order.
This one was called Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. 
"Located inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge this interactive motion-simulator splits your six-person crew into three critical roles: Pilots, Gunners, and Engineers" On the ride, Katharine and I were the pilots. I'm sure it was all a bit much for her to take in!
Group pic!
And then we took pics with star wars costumes on - 
Then we all split up again. Actually no, we went to Thunder Mountain, cause that had a short wait time. We were almost at the front when K said she had to use the bathroom, so she and I lost our place in line and ran like crazy trying to find a bathroom. Didn't know where it was, had to ask a few people, then backtracked where we had just come from cause it was closer than I knew. We found it, we got some water, then we went back to the ride. We were able to go via the fast pass line. She was a little scared to go fast but did great. Quick clementine snack (I'm very glad Christian went back for my bag of snacks)... Clementines, edamame, and cashews. The kids ate them up and I was determined to last until dinner on water and my bag of snacks. Easy peasy.
Then we found some of the group and they were buying churros. Owen bought his own, Wes was buying them for himself, Daniel and Peter, but then we showed up and so he gave his to Kat and he stood in line again. 
Katharine gave me a bite. Wes and Peter came with me and K to walk around New Orleans Square and Owen and Daniel went with their older sisters. We ran into another princess there! 
Tiana walked and talked with Katharine like Moana had. That's FIVE princesses so far!
I went to refill our water bottle and when I was back, they were all eating cause Wes had found some nice hispanic family eating lunch and struck up a conversation with them.
I didn't have any, and was a little embarrassed we were eating their food, but I was also grateful. They were very nice. 
Chicken cabbage and corn mix on corn tortillas.
They offered some to me but I declined, we'd already eaten too much of their stuff. I did accept a bite of churro from the kids just before this though. I can't remember where everyone else had gone (Haunted Mansion?) but soon the group met back up with us - 
Then they all took off for roller coaster stuff and Peter Katharine and I explored Tarzan's house, now just an Adventureland house.  
Then Jungle Cruise
The older kids were great helpers. Then we decided to go to Tiana's Bayou ride, aka Splash Mountain. We were surprised that Katharine was tall enough for that. With her cowboy boots on she easily made the 40 inches requirement. That was an hour long wait, but we needed a break from walking and moving. So there was some standing in the sun, but it was ok. 
Abi and Sophi found out where we were and then came in the lightening lane right before we went on. 
Kat didn't know what was coming and was a little sad to get wet, but again she did great. Then Pirates finally opened and we ran over there to join up with everyone. 
Ok Kat, what do you want to do now? She wanted to see more princesses, so she and I went back to the Royal Hall. About a 40 min wait this time, and then we were able to meet more princesses!
Ariel was super cute. Kat giving her a big hug.
Abi heard that the princesses are under a strict rule to not let go of a hug first. You hug until the kid is done hugging, so this was a long hug. Then Cinderella!
And Anna again! A different Anna than this morning, and I liked this one better, she was cute. She even talked Peter into coming up and for a photo, which he was not very happy about!! Haha, we all got a big kick out of him in this photo. 
Katharine knows the role - smile pretty, strike a princess pose with your hand, etc, and Peter is just 100% pure reluctance.
Too funny. I took one more pic, so Peter's scowl doesn't ruin the photo with his scowl.
Then we found Hyrum and Wes, who had met up with Corey at 5 for our dinner delivery. Corey got  us chicken from Costco and cooked that up, along with some mac and cheeses and a cake, AND he also got some Panera sandwiches and a salad there for us health conscious people. 
It was a feast. Corey had not followed my instructions for the food storage chicken fettuccini but I admit this was better. ...though I don't know why I try and make a plan if he just blows it all off anyway. So we did two costco runs this week and I don't know if he got a lot of work done, he said he couldn't work in the messy hotel room (took us less that 36 hours to trash it) so he spent a few hours cleaning up first before he worked, and then it was time to get dinner going for us. He is a good provider, too good sometimes. I wouldn't have minded a day off in silence, but I would have not gotten such a nice meal, I'd have done something cheaper. We let people know where to find us and the food. If you have food, they will come. They did, they ate, I was glad the little kids were able to eat first, since they are a little slower. I left P&K with the older kids and I headed to Space Mountain with WLSNOD
Playing games in line, Wes spitting water on his sisters. They liked the ride, and laughed at the photos of themselves.
Then over to the Buzz Lightyear for two rides, then the Tomorrowland Rockets with everyone. 
Then Wes really wanted to take Peter on Space Mountain, but... the parade was about to start. I wanted to go to the parade, but Space Mountain won out. Only a 30 min wait, it is fun ~
Peter got nervous for the ride in the 30 min he had to rethink it. He sat by Wes and made it through and liked it after the fact. Katharine sat in the front seat with Hyrum. We asked her if she liked it. "Yes." "Do you want to go again?" "No."
And then we hustled over to the parade - we saw Elsa's castle passing by, so we ran down mainstreet to be able to catch it. We found a spot, Katharine was able to see and wave to Elsa and Anna, and Elsa pointed at Katharine and waved back!! Katharine was so excited.
After the parade we stayed to watch the fireworks. 
Kat fell asleep on Wesley's leg. 
She and Belle Bear have had a good day. 
Alvie amazed at the fireworks. 
Corey told us to let him know when we needed to be picked up. I counted a few times, 16 people... and we realized we only were over one person with HIM in the group, so he actually didn't need to come out. We'd fit in our two cars. Alvie was super done, so we needed 8 people who were willing to call it a day. It was Ethan, Bella, Hyrum, Alvie, Me, Sophi, Peter, and Katharine. We took the van home. Mel, Christian, Wes, Abi, Lily, Natalie, Owen and Daniel were going to push hard and stay and play until midnight. 
They like rode Splash Mountain over and over again and got soaked. I was glad to be part of the headed home group. Alvie was in a good mood on the train ride back to the parking lot, laughing at his balloon!
Such a cutie. Katharine was out for the count and dead tired. It had been a busy day!
Ethan drove, we arrived, they prob didn't brush their teeth, and we went to bed. And that was our day at Disneyland (atleast as best as I can remember it 3 weeks later.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...