Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Lily Pillow

I love Lily. Toddlers are just cute bundles of exploration and trouble trapped in an irresistible little cheesy grin. Lily left me a present the other day on my pillow.

I had left my pen on my bed with my books and magazines so I can write and underline. Lily was watching tv while I read and nursed Sophia, then I fell asleep and awoke to find this mural on my pillowcase. My Egyptian Cotton pillowcases that I bought in Virginia that remind me of our lovely days in Centreville, I loved it there. We'll go back someday. But I love Lily more than Virginia and more than my pillowcase. Childhood comes with an expiration date. Got to enjoy these kids while they're here.

And I love these little people scribbles she draws.

When I saw the drawing I scolded her, cause we don't want to make a habit out of this, but then I just turned over the pillowcase as if to tuck her toddlerhood away safe under my blanket. I'm sure it will come out when I wash it, but I'm going to put that off for a while. I love these little drawings. And I'm glad for Magic Erasers too, that have cleaned up these little scribble people from walls and tables and window sills.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...