Monday, April 16, 2012

Pets


My kids want a pet. They really want a dog. I told them we can't do a dog. Although puppies are soooo cute and I love them (Melodie with our neighbor's new beagle pug puppy, she was sooo cute!!!) but we just can't do a dog kids, sorry. We tried in the happy summer of 2010, and that cute pup was lucky she got out of us as owners. We can't do dogs. We're maxed out with our human children, and even though they feign to be responsible pet owners and walk the dog and clean up after the dog and yup, we tried that and you kids did not pass. Thus, I shall say again, we just can't do dogs. If we are to get a pet, it must be waaaay low maintenance, make minimal messes in the house/yard, not destroy things, not bite kids, and not cause any allergic reactions in the head of our household. Those monarch butterflies we had last summer, those were just about perfect.

Well, yesterday the ideal pet was once again revealed to me and highly endorsed by a household of teenaged girls - the perfect pet is the rat.

I shall expound more on the virtues of the rat if I actually go and buy some today, which unbeknowst to my husband I might - (saw a great deal on ksl!)


We'll see how crazy I'm feeling, especially since we're leaving for a week vacation on Friday. Leaving town is the perfect time to buy a pet, don't you agree?

ps - those prunes I pureed really went the extra mile in cleaning Sophia out - she had 7 poopy diapers yesterday. So I think she's cured, and I'm going to make sure she gets enough fruits and veggies in her diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...