Saturday, April 7, 2012

Staying Calm

I've really been doing good this week at keeping calm. I don't think I've freaked out even once since Conference. I am remembering to say "Try again" and it's good!

I'm very proud to say that this morning when Hyrum came in and told me he broke his glasses I was totally calm. It's interesting, it seems that the bigger the deal it is, the easier it is for me to be calm. When Corey got laid off in 2002 - I smiled and we began to quote the pill bugs on Bug's Life "You Fire!" Car accident? It's okay. Get a $100 speeding ticket, oh well. Kids wear slightly muddy shoes on the carpet? Death to everyone. So glad it seems that I'm getting that under control and am learning to not sweat the little stuff. That being said, let me also calmly state that I hate it when they try to adjust their own glasses.


Hooray for the 2 for 1 sale. 3 months into it and one pair down, one to go for Hyrum. Ethan got down to one pair after 1 month. Mel and Abi still both have two. Hyrum really liked these glasses tho - they are his Harry Potter glasses, and he got to play the lead role of Harry Potter during school recess. Hopefully I can find the frame for cheap online. If not, it's not a big deal, right? :)

3 comments:

  1. Why is it that it is the small stuff that sets us over the edge - I just laughed at your comment - muddy shoes on the carpet? Death! I need to be better about saying Try Again. Way to go on keeping calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Today, we had family over for an Easter egg hunt, and with the disposable cups, as my 8 year old was throwing his cup still filled with juice away he poured out his cup into the lined garbage can (big on my list of No-nos) and I was like "WHAAAAT! Are! (remember to be calm...) you doing sweet child? (smile)" Small stuff kills me, I wish there weren't 100 small things every day! Ah!

      Delete
  2. Way to stay calm! I don't know if I would have been able to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...