Thursday, October 12, 2017

Drive Up Squaw Peak Road

The kids and I took another drive this evening. I'm in love with these Utah mountains and trees! Just sooo gorgeous.
Behold Cascade Mountain!! The picture of this majesty was taken as we drove up the Squaw Peak Road in Provo Canyon. As we turned into the canyon, we had a different view of Timpanogos. Just so beautiful.
I kept telling the kids "I've been up there! To the very top!"
I gotta do that again. It's on the list - we're making a good plan for next summer! So I pulled over on the canyon highway to take those two pics above, then we took a right up the squaw peak road.
We went down to Utah County again cause Wes accidentally left his back pack at the soundhouse again. Last week on Wednesday after LBB he couldn't find it. He thought he left it in the car, but it wasn't there, wasn't at the soundhouse when Joseph checked when he went to band on Friday. So he's using an old backpack from storage and Corey went to school with him to buy a few books again so he could be prepared. Then yesterday he left it at the soundhouse again. He was so worried that his teachers would be mad and his classmates would gossip about forgetful Wesley. I was positive no one would care, but I guess I don't know how jr high kids think. But with his father insisting he cannot hide from his problems, Wes conquered his fears and brave and went to school without his planner and stuff again today. Good job Wes! So that is why we went on a drive again. We also went by Costco first. Kinda hard to go there with 6 kids in tow but it wasn't too bad. It was 6:30 when we were heading up the canyon.
Sun was going down. 26 pictures shot during the drive.
Should I post them all? Sometimes I get frustrated taking pictures cause they can't do it justice anyway, so what's the point?
But sigh, it was just so amazing. I love the red trees. See all those red trees up on the side of the mountain? They are incredible!
Just a few more days and they'll be gone, they are about half brown right now...
Gotta soak it in while we can!
The road winding up the mountain slope.
Cascade Mountain again. I just love it.
I love RED! Maybe I should have been a U of U girl...
Oh my goodness, DO YOU SEE THIS?!?!?
Wes and I were seriously screaming "THIS IS AMAZING!!!"
 Lily was afraid of the car rolling over the cliff, so she traded Wes and let him sit shotgun.
Take a picture, take a picture.
We're going on hikes next summer and going camping, so help me Mother Nature!
 Have you had enough yet?
 Sorry, just a few more...
Ahhh! Just heavenly -
Cue angelic music...
So it was pretty much amazing.
We got to the overlook and the kids got out of the car. I did a Marco Polo video for my family while Wesley borrowed my camera to snap a few pictures of the sunset.
Someday when he's famous this photo's gonna be worth a million dollars!
It was super cold. Here's a screen shot of cute Owen in that video. "Is it cold Owen?" "Yea! Cold!" 
Winter will be here soon. I'm so grateful we got out again! That's twice this week, that is a successful week to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...