Friday, October 27, 2017

Owen the Singer

We went to our church tonight for a neighborhood chili cookoff. I didn't make a chili or soup, but did bring something - this lovely orange and fall colored vegetable dish - Ethiopian Cabbage Dish. I came across this recipe when it was shared on the McDougall facebook page - McDougall is a vegan guy but taken up a notch, cause he also says not use oil. But I made it with oil for tonight. But they gave tips and said it's easy to make it McDougall approved by cutting out the oil and then double all the spices. It was very very good. I got there a little late and so maybe people were already full, cause lucky Hyrum and I ate up most of it. Tasty! We enjoyed the other chili's too. One of the reasons I love fall is cause it's soup and stew season. After the neighborhood party was over, we stayed and visited. Owen was cute playing on the stage, pretending he was singing and taking bows to his fans.
We got a kick out of his mouth open as if he was singing, but with no sounds... 
Then he'd take a bow, then he'd sing again. Cute little guy.

Business wise, good news is that I only almost cried with fear and worry one time today, yay. I think yesterday left me emotionally drained. So that helps the tears not come when you're all out of tears. I'm still reading scriptures, praying, seeing help and support from on high. My mother knows what's going on and came and gave us a gift that was much appreciated. Moms are like that, they're always answering prayers. The kids who weren't in school today worked really hard too, we've cleaned the house, it looks great. I'm glad they were home today and that I have another day tomorrow to put them to work again, yay! They answered my prayers too. There are many blessings all around us, even if sometimes one specific blessing of help that we want doesn't come. We will still seek it and work for it, but will also trust in the Lord and his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...