Monday, October 23, 2017

Six Sick Kids

Well, we're having fun being sick around here. First there was Lily and Hyrum. Thankfully Lily's eye is almost better, but that's been two weeks, yuck. Hyrum was sick last week for a day and passed that bug on to Ethan, who then took his turn staying home from school last Wednesday. He felt lousy. And then I'm guessing that that bug was then passed on to Natalie, who felt ill and had a fever in Moab. On Friday before we came home, Abi told me she didn't feel well. Yet she decided to stay for an extra day with her cousins (sorry if she gets all you guys sick!) Wes wanted to stay but he felt sick too and so he decided to come home with us. He's basically been a corpse on the floor for the past 24 hours. Saturday was just a big waste cause everyone was sick and laying around dead, demonstrated here by Wesley. 
Poor kid he did not feel well. Natalie was resting on the couch. 
She looks like a peaceful angel compared to Wes there like a zombie.
Sophi has something going on with her throat and lost her voice and kept coughing and spitting up phlegm. It was lovely, she was at the computer watching Abi design a home on a computer thing and Sophi had a bowl next to her full of her spittle. I found it later, gross. New household rule - if you have a bowl of spit, you need to put it in the sink when you're done spitting in it. So Saturday I had five sick kids at home (cause Abi was gone): Wes, Lily, Sophi, Natalie... and then there was Daniel, too. I came back from Moab to see Daniel had been infected with Lily's pink eye, great. Good thing I'm learning how to be unstoppable, cause even with a Saturday work day being flushed down the tubes, six sick kids, and unpacking the van and doing loads of smoky laundry from our trip, I was able to work my way through it! I am ok! Though, truth be told, on Saturday I was kicking myself for everything I said on Wednesday about being on top of it, I was ready to take it all back! Or I just need to make a mental note to knock on wood next time. Saturday was hard cause we got back from Moab late on Friday, so I didn't do my courage challenge planning, and then Saturday got off on the wrong foot and with the kids all sick, it just turned into a big mess and kicked me in the pants. But I learned my lesson and did my planning on Saturday night and Sunday was better, Sunday night planning and today has been good, even with sick kids. Yesterday I kept my six sick kids home from church. That is a tongue twister to say! Wes, Abi (who made it back home safely), Sophi, Natalie, Owen, and Daniel. Owen had a fever last night. Gave him some Tylenol and he seems to be doing better. We watched BYUtv all day.
So yea, not a whole lot getting done right now other than me playing Florence Nightingale. Abi and Sophi are staying home from school today. Wesley and Hyrum both have sore throats but they went to school cause it's almost the end of the term and they can't risk missing any work. I have a sore throat too. I've set up a dr. appointment for myself next Monday with a Ear Nose Throat doctor, cause I've had issues with my throat since the eclipse. At the eclipse, I remember feeling like I'd accidentally breathed in a gnat or something and it felt like there was something stuck in the back of my throat. I cleared it and cleared it but it still felt like it was there. Unfortunately there isn't anything there to clear out, it's just felt weird and annoying for the past two months. I've been hacking and clearing out my throat for 8+ weeks now... time to go get it looked at. Maybe I have tonsil stones or something, or is this what post nasal drip is? I don't know... I don't have much experience with the throat/tonsil area, so we'll see what I learn next Monday with that. Praying for the kids to get better. I don't mind the older kids being sick, cause they know what to do and will take their medicine. I feel so bad when babies are sick. Daniel's eye looks so sad. Praying for you, little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...