Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Lazy Days of Fall

So here we are in October. What's going on in our life... School is definitely going on. Hyrum was helping Sophi with her reading yesterday. He's a good brother to her.
He's starting to have fights with Lily, but I'll admit she's a bit of a dramatic girl. Hyrum and Sophi still get along well. Another thing - the main road we take to get the kids to school is closed right for construction. So we have to take a 3 mile detour, not that big of a deal except for when the kids are running late for jazz band. I'm grateful for it right now, though, cause it brings us up to the mouth of the canyon each day for us to see the fall colors, which are beautiful and not done any justice by my photo here:
Took that as I drove home from taking Mel and Hyrum this morning. I need to start making them go earlier with their brothers for jazz band. No need to take two trips out there for 30 min extra of sleep. Plus they can just sleep in the car there at school if they're really so tired. Carpool is a part of our life. On Tuesday's Joseph picks up at the jr. high for me, but today after driving over there from his school, the van wouldn't start. Corey's dad came and helped him out and another neighbor who wa sin the area came and got the kids. I'm feeling a bit defeated though, like I want to give up. We're jsut waiting to die, there's no sign of life for our future! My mom came and gave me an old Costco Gift Card today with $150 cash on it, but purchased in 2008. She's not sure it will still work, but seems like it should. Maybe it will get us through another week. Trying not to think of all my worries. Kids are good for keeping me distracted sometimes. It was cute to see Natalie and Sophi making colored donuts today for their polly pocket dolls or for fairies or something - or they were just being creative.
Cheerios dipped in water paint, pretty fun!
And my little boys took a nap in the tv chair again today. 
Love Owen's crossed ankles, Daniel just collapsed over on him face down.
I stayed in my room cleaning the bathroom and soon looked over to find these little eyes open...
Daniel! Hello sweetie! Are you awake? 
He looks confused...
Now to sneak him away without waking Owen... not hard cause Daniel is the light sleeper. Let's go play blocks and kiss your little cheeks. I'll try to relax from my worries and enjoy these kids and these pretty fall days, even if we didn't get out into the colors today. We'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...