Sunday, October 29, 2017

With our Flag Flying!

This past week has been one of the hardest I can remember. I've had the analogy in my head for a while, that with Corey's business it's like we're stuck in the doldrums of the Pacific - no wind, no currents, just stuck on some driftwood in the middle of nowhere, baking in the heat of the equator. No ships coming or going, no help in sight. We're just waiting to die. Yeah, sounds kinda bleak, but that's how it feels. Every now and then, a small something adrift in the ocean will float up to us to provide us another few weeks of survival, but nothing for long term sustainability and death still just a month away. We're still alive, but this week we might die. Detailed a little bit here - Worth Fighting For. I usually try not to share my stresses on here, but it's part of our life. I had a real low this past Thursday and spent most of the day weeping and listening to Master the Tempest is Raging. I'm doing much better today. My emotions have come full circle and I'm ready to face whatever comes. I just finished a book this week - "Worth the Wrestle" by Sheri Dew.
I loved this passage at the beginning of the last chapter on page 95-96.

  I once had the privilege of meeting and interviewing Randall Wallace at his California home. Wallace came to prominence when he received an Academy Award nomination and a Writer's Guild Award for the screenplay to Braveheart. He has also written and in some cases produced, such movies as Secretariat, Pearl Harbor, the Man in the Iron Mask, We were Soldiers, and Heaven is for Real.
  I liked Wallace instantly. From Lizard Lick, Tennessee, his unassuming, country-boy, small-town background resonated with me. His family members were devout Baptists, and when he talked about spending twenty or thirty hours a week "going to church" (everything from the Boy Scouts to Sunday meetings), I felt as though I'd met a kindred spirit. 
  Prior to our interview, I watched the address he gave at the National Prayer Breakfast in 2011 and was struck by the sincerity of his message about the power of prayer. In our conversation, he was neither self-conscious nor self-righteous as he professed his belief in Jesus Christ and the impact the Savior had in his life. 
  His career, though celebrated now, has had its share of intense ups and downs. At one point, when he faced the possibility of losing just about everything, he said he was determined that if he went down, he would go down fighting for what he believed, "with his flag flying."
  When I asked why he had produced and written so many movies about war, his answer reinforced the rest of his story: "I don't think of them as war movies," he said. "I write love stories. I want to know what a man or woman loves enough to fight for. 

What do you love enough that you're willing to fight for it? Corey's been fighting for years and though he's weary from the long battle, he is not retreating, he's going to stay the course. He continues to stand and march in this battle. Also "intense ups and downs..." that's an accurate description of what we've been feeling. Randall Wallace faced the possibility of losing just about everything, that's where we're at right now. But I'm ready to face whatever comes, trusting that God has a plan for us and that we are in his good hands. We'll see what this week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...