Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Lunch, Music & Henna

Today I went to lunch with some of the Wride ladies - Corey's sister Nancy, sister in law Chalane, and Corey's cousin Karen. We went out to eat at Taqueria 47. Highlight of the visit was cute Katharine who kept us all entertained. She was dressed all fancy in her favorite pink dress. Karen complemented her on her dress and K said "and my necklace?" haha, K pointing out all the amazing things about her attire.

"And my shiny shoes..." Her favorite shoes to wear are some gold shoes with fake crystals on them. I like them cause there is an ankle strap, so that helps her not loose them, since she is often taking them off wanting to change her shoes. It helps them not get lost at church. I took a quick selfie - 
K sorry you and Nancy are blurry! I couldn't see the phone screen well with the sun coming through the glass window behind it. 

Katharine brought along her pink "bag" with all of her Bluey characters in it. And that blue stretchy thing - I think used to play with marbles? The kids all like it cause of the loud noise it makes when you stretch it all out. K did that a few times in the restaurant but it didn't seem to turn any heads from other customers, so I hope it didn't bother anyone. I was going to go by Costco after, but then didn't cause I had already used up my energy. I had felt too busy to go to lunch, and admit I was fighting my reluctance, but it was good and I'm glad I went. I got a few things done today, the usual laundry and a bit of cleaning. This morning I took carpool and thus didn't exercise, so I planned to get in a ride around 4pm before my emotional resilience class at 6, and that went according to plan. I rode from home to Techy, did Techy 2x, then back home. 11.52 miles in 1 hour 37 min. Pretty colors - I like riding in the canyon.

After the emotional resilience class (was good, we discussed chapter 6 today, really good) when I came home it was fun to see Corey leading Owen and Daniel in music practice. 

The were playing "Watermelon Man" and I was able to get this video. This is where the magic happens - 

I really think that having the kids do so much music has been so helpful in keeping them out of trouble. And Corey is amazing with how much he does it with them. He is a rockstar father, so grateful for him and what a great job he does. 

We read scritpures and then I was brushing kids teeth, K was being cute with Corey, doing a little dance jig with her arms - 
I was telling kids to go to bed, some got herded that way (Owen is the best at going to bed), but then I see the lights were still on downstairs... I go down, and Lily is being creative with Henna on her younger siblings... 
I do think the bones on the hands is a fun halloween idea. And since we're in October now, that is allowed in my book. 
But not before October! We have a few halloween happy neighbors who have already had stuff set up outside for 2 weeks. When I saw it going up mid-September I was a bit sad. There is a new giant skeleton that greets us everytime we drive home. Peter said it gives him nightmares, I told him to just not look at it. Peter got one halloween hand done, and the other hand is Christmas!
Lily did some cute flowers mandala looking things on K's feet, she felt pretty fancy. I think this is the last henna package we have. Wesley brought them back from India when he went there almost two years ago. (update Oct 11) So this is really weird, cause I know I had finished and published a blog post for this day, but it has somehow completely disappeared, like it isn't even in my drafts... really strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...