Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Ferguson Canyon Viewpoint

I texted a friend Sunday to see if she wanted to go on a hike. We settled on today and left around 9:30 . We went up Ferguson Canyon. I mostly wanted to go higher up than we had gone before. It was not ideal today, because I had accidentally left Katharine's backpack carrier in the van, which Abi had at school, but I was determined! So I carried K on my back or shoulders for basically the whole hike. 

After an hour and 40 minutes, we were almost at the viewpoint!
Sweaty neck on me, and K was totally knocked out and snoring! Her little squished face, aww...
Beautiful view from the top!!
K was in good spirits after her nap. I still carried her, once we were at the bottom and the trail leveled out, we took a picture of cute Katharine.
Colors were nice, this was the brightest tree we saw.
I was home at 1, so it was a good 2 hours 28 minute hike. My hips and knees were a bit feeling like they did after the Y hike last week... so I was game to go on a low impact bike ride with Corey at 4. It did help loosen my knees up and the balls of my feet. Corey and I just went from the trailhead to ruins. Almost at the top ~
And selfie at the same spot. 
Still beautiful everywhere. Wes called around 6, so I was late to the emotional resilience class, the moon was so pretty rising as I walked there! Obviously this photo doesn't do it justice. I'm going to watch for it again tomorrow - it looks so big rising in the canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...