Saturday, October 5, 2024

Gold Stream

I got out into the mountains every day this week, yay! It kinda feels like the fall colors are winding up, which is sad. The haven't really started much here in the neighborhood, but in the mountains it seems like they were coming, and then it got warm, and it still is a bit warm, so they are just confused. The reds are a bit muted, but there have been some good yellows. I took a ride on the quarry trail last night, and at the top close to the ruins, it looks like there was a river of gold leaves running down the trail. 

I guess that would be a stream, not a river. It was also fun to see leaves fall and blow across the trail I rode. I went on a late evening ride, cause Corey was with Lily at a band thing until 6:45pm, so date night was going to be late, so I had time to get out. I also am not able to get out in the mornings on Friday cause of carpool, but I was ok with that cause I'd have a chance after kids got home. There were a few pinks. 
And more golds and yellows.
I went on the double track near the end of my ride. 
I tried to take a video too, and it's hard to ride over rocks only holding the bike handle with one hand (cause my other one was holding my phone). I started to crash, but didn't fall, just veered into the bushes. It was funny. 
After Corey was back last night, we snuck out for a quick meal at GR Kitchen, cause we had to pick up Owen from a birthday party at Uptown Jungle at 8. And GR Kitchen was close to there. There are a lot of variables and things we need to plan around for anything we do. This morning Corey and I went on a ride in Corner Canyon, up BST to Potato Hill, then Ann's East to Peakview, and took Rush down. Called Abi while we were gone to make sure she was up for GMS. We got home in time to feed the kids french toast before General Conference started at 10. Most of today was spent in the house, listening to that. I got the most out of the first session, which I missed live cause I was drowsy, but then I caught it immediately afterwards in the two hours (12 - 2pm) in between sessions 1 and 2 as I cleaned the kitchen. I should always listen as I clean, cause if I sit down or hold still, I fall asleep. I went to Costco and Smiths in between sessions 2&3, to replenish supplies and to get ice cream for tomorrow. We're going to go over to Wayne's house after conference to celebrate all the Wride September and October birthdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...