Friday, October 11, 2024

Walking is Therapeutic

Been a pretty chill past few days. I've been thinking a lot about walking after listening to this recent Laura Dixon podcast "Why Walk", and found another one by Dr Berg that I also liked: Amazing Benefits of Walking, and I'm convinced! Since I heard the podcast last week, I've been walking a lot more. I made 3 priorities for myself this week: fasting (not eating after 2pm), stretching (15 min), and walking (any distance or length of time, just trying to get out for a walk). It's going really well! I am still sore from the hike to the Y on Tuesday night.  I was sore the day after and still am. For Wednesday, since my thighs were toast, I went on a nice evening walk from Grit Mill to the end of techy and back. I started too late so I was in the dark on most of my walk back, I'll remember a flashlight for next time. By the 3rd bridge, the water was all gone in the creek, like it was being diverted somewhere else, so I was hiking up the river, over the rocks, and went under the bridge, it was fun. After passing under the 3rd bridge~

A few pics of that meander in the mountains ~

I walked up the Techgnar trail. Had to move once for a biker. 

Out of the woods and on the main trail again, at the end of Techy -

On the Quarry trail again, walking back down. 

It was pitch black when I was back at the car. Yesterday and today, ALSN had fall break, hence no school, so yesterday we left K with them and went on a ride in Corner Canyon at 9am. My thighs were still sore, but a chill ride felt doable. I let myself just take it easy, and so Corey had to too, since he's nice and sticks with me. No achievement emoji's yesterday. THEN I took an evening walk when Corey took the boys on a ride (I was their shuttle driver). I dropped them off at Carolina Hills, went to Cycle park to park, then walked up to see where I'd meet them. I jogged a little bit of the way, cause I heard Peter crying. That was a 25 min walk, I helped coach and encourage, and showed them the way to keep going along Porter Rockwell trail.
I walked back to car, drove to and parked at Draper City Park, then walked along the Porter Rockwell trail until I met them again. That was another .47 miles that time. K gave up again on the ride. We were joking that it must just be too much stimulation for her little brain to process.
So we need to work on her cognitive endurance. After we got back from that, I did another 8:15 pm walk around the block 3x. I was told years ago by a neighbor that 3 laps equaled a mile, but I'd never measured it for myself, and I didn't know if it was from the middle of the road, or if the sidewalk counted, or if I needed to be on the outer sidewalk... I'm please to report that the inner sidewalk is 1.07! So including the bit from my house to the corner is 1.17. Notes there for the statistician in me. And then today, still surprised that after so much biking I could still be sore from Tuesday night... I'm saying it was because I was carrying K in the backpack, so that extra 30+ pounds did that to me. Corey and I went on a ride this morning from the trailhead to Ruins. We left early at 7am and had Abi get the boys out the door, so that was nice. We were the first and only car in the parking lot when we started, so that counts as our achievement for the day. The boys had folders come home selling school pictures.
I have enough pictures of them, so I'm not buying anything.
...but I did take pics of the tiny pics they gave me as options.
Hopefully that's not illegal.

We are back after a late date night. It's been late the past two weeks because Lily is possibly joining a new blue's band. 

We went to the Draper Aubergine at 7pm, felt very late. But it was very good. I really love Aubergine. The Better Earth Bowl was gone, so that was sad, but they had something new - They serve "plates" now, Corey got the salmon plate, it looked so good! He shared a bite. I think I'll get that next time. I ordered the Peanut Tofu, so good. Every entree and salad there is delicioso. Plus we always get Brownie Layers which is also a favorite. So yeah, that's been the past few days. Walking, enjoying fall, taking care of kids, and having a good time. I do think walking is therapeutic. I'm going to keep it up next week too and see if I'll have a good week next week too! And I've been up blogging while I wait for Sophi to get home from Lagoon - she had a good time, and now she's home. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...