Monday, January 7, 2013

Coconut Curry Soup!

I love Cafe Zupas.  Their grilled sandwiches hit the spot everytime.  I also love love their Thai Lobster Curry Soup.  I had a go at making a knock off version of it here at home Saturday, but didn't have any lobster, so we made due with some canned Salmon.  Here's the base recipe I found and used, (thank you google) slightly modified to look as follows:

1 onion, sauteed
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
3 diced potatoes
1 chicken bullion cube
2 cups water
14 oz. can coconut milk
24 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp red pepper flakes
6 oz. Salmon
1 cup cooked quinoa

It was gooood!  I'm in curry heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Zupas is one of my new found loves! That is such a yummy soup!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...