Thursday, May 17, 2018

Birthday Shopping

Yesterday, Melodie and Joseph didn't have Lyceum, so I got to take Wesley to Little Big Band. LBB goes from 4-6, so that gave me a good two hours to run errands. I already went to Costco this week - I did that with Abi on Monday after her orthodontist appointment. So, if I don't need to do a Costco run, what do I do? I decided this would be a good opportunity to use some of my birthday cash. Owen was my captive companion. First we went to Seagull Book and I got Joseph some books for his mission and a few stickers and quote thingys for myself. Next we walked over to Hobby Lobby, where I got a few more stickers and quote thingys. I could have spent the entire time in there, but Owen saw a little metal car that looked like it was "for display only", which mean I shouldn't let him touch it unless I wanted to be buying it. So I said no and he proceeded to gnash his teeth upon me. So we had to leave pronto. A package of MnM's distracted him long enough to make our escape, and yay, off to another store I guess. Then I decided to go to Michaels. Owen was pretty good there, although I do think he was getting impatient with me. I looked at planner and stickers and papers and lots of fun fun things. These planners are chock-full of could be Holly-isms. Holly's "Design your Best Year Yet" = Make Your Life Awesome
WIN = What's important Now to you? Do more of that!
So, it was a fun afternoon of exploring ideas and cute things I'd like to try to use to decorate the walls here. But decorating our walls might be a bit like planting flowers... we gotta get rid of the mess (weeds) first, and if we can ever get a handle on that, then we'll talk about the walls/flowers. Maybe someday we'll get there. You can do it, Tiff - You can, and you will!
I got this! "Today is my day, I'm making it happen today!" (GREAT TALK at that link!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...