Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Senior Assassin

Today is Day 1 of Senior Assassin - a fun non-school sponsored game for the Senior class. Joseph's been pretty excited about playing, and he's in it to win it. Everyone who wanted to play had to put in $5 and the winner gets the whole pot, so Joseph says that this is his "job" right now. Since he is leaving next month (ahhh!) and doesn't have a lot of hope for being hired for such a short period of time, he's thinking that this is how he's gonna help pay for his mission. He's kept his goggles on all day and will be keeping them on all week until Friday, which is "purge day" (scary!) where there is nothing you can do to protect yourself. Today he got his target, and then he also got his target's target!! Oh yeah, two kills in one day, on the first day even. He said they were both really lucky, but it's good, cause now people think he's a threat, ha. He said for both of them, he just went to their houses "not knowing beforehand the things which [he] should do" lol! (1 Nephi 4:6) Joseph added "....and Nephi was going to kill someone too, so..." He wasn't really planning on anything happening, so he feels like he was led by the Spirit, just like Nephi. Yep, Joseph's our little Nephi. This assassin's got skills. (...he hopes! The pot might be like $700 bucks!)
Feeling confident as he gives his gun a twirl on his finger.
Today was a great Tuesday (aka "To-Dos"-day) for me. First there was the Take Back Your Morning celebration on facebook. I really enjoyed the 10 day challenge! The videos are all still up, and I'm hoping they stay up, I'm willing to go through them again if anybody wants to do it, I'll do it again with you. After that we had an EJC zoom call that I really enjoyed. As it ended, we were all challenged to a 15 minute knockout - go put in 15 minutes to knock out some target in your home and report back to the EJC. I set my timer, and 15 minutes came and went along with a lot of interruptions... It ended up taking me 90 minutes, but I stayed on target and I got 'er done - Bedroom clean! Even the closet, and even vacuumed! And the clutter magnets on top of all the dressers and night stands! It feels so good to get things done. If you zoom in there you'll see Daniel cheering for me cause I'm number 1!! 
Such a cute little bugger. Next goal - keep it clean all week. I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...