Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sick as a Dog

We've got a bad case of something making the rounds around here. Yesterday I was pretty much worthless. Doing a little better today. Although I did have to sit down once I got to the grocery store before I tried to go walking around for the next hour. Quiero vomitar

Plus on top of whatever bug I currently got, I thought I'd mention that we are expecting again. Corey told his parent's over the weekend. I was thinking we could keep it a secret from them until we returned home, but since I can't keep a secret Corey was afraid they'd find out online. (that link is where I let the cat out of the bag and mentioned we're expecting in a post I submitted to BodyRock.tv that was posted last week...) Wrides, you guys don't frequent that site, do you? See Corey, I can't keep a secret, but I do try to be careful about where I blab.

Corey kept chuckling to himself the rest of the evening after he read my post, cause the post was me in my "Oh yeah - I'm on the ball!" mode - chest thumping rah-rah-rah! When Corey who lives with me could see that the mode I'm really in right now is "lying on the bed - kids if you're hungry go make some sandwiches - Joe, will you turn on a movie for Lily, sorry guys I just gotta rest, I feel like crap" mode. Maybe we're done having kids, cause I seriously loathe feeling like this. I can't be out of commission like this. I hate it. So then I think, what do you think, is it worth putting up with 2+ months of feeling like garbage to enjoy another little friend for the rest of your life? It probably is worth it, if I can keep the right perspective. Well, 2+ months of nausea plus 3 months of a slightly inconvenient belly then 3 months of time standing still while you are huge and uncomfortable? Seriously, the last trimester is torture. Why do the last 3 months of pregnancy last an eternity and then the three months after a baby is born just fly by? Although since I'm just 10 weeks along I'm probably getting ahead of myself if I'm already thinking and fretting about that. A lot of the torture is probably in my head.

Oh, one more think, in that bodyrock post I say how we're living our dreams, ain't settling for a 9-5 job, yada yada. So I need to clarify that I know that if it weren't for other people working their 9-5 + jobs and helping us out a lot that we wouldn't be able to do what we're doing. Thanks to everyone for the loans/gifts of $ that helped us fly here to Chile and get us by with the day to day living. (I hope Media Mouth gets some investment soon so we can buy airfare home!) I like Chile, but also feel like I entered a wardrobe into another world and have been living a different life here. Some days I'm tired of it and want to go back to my previous "normal" life, but until then, long live Narnia. This is a great experience and I'm thankful for it. Wish I didn't have morning sickness though. I was doing great during December and the beginning of January. Now I'm worthless. Blah!

What do you think, Lily? Should we read Narnia ~ have our adventure and then go home? Or should we Practicar Speaking Chileno slang?

Looks like it's Spanish. Ok, I guess we'll keep at it then.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! Wow you are really having an adventure now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Always fun and always torture. I have to sit here and laugh because I swear your words were coming out of my mouth. :) I love babies but hate the worthless part. Start counting down the days. The sicky part is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about your expecting status. I could have sworn that at the canyon dinner you said, or nancy told me you were expecting. so very sorry about the miscarriage but congrats! on the exciting news of #8! what an adventure for sure!

    once again my interest is piqued by your fitness quest. i looked into live the life program after the seeing you last summer but it's the dang food that i have issues with. i might just go ahead and give this home workout thing a try and see what works. i have a gym membership i just hate going ;) go figure...the bottom line is, you have to work at losing weight and gaining muscle...i just lack the motivation.

    hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tiff!!
    Congrats on number 8 - that is amazing!! I could learn something from you. Managing four kids is constantly keeping me guessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You are a brave woman! I love to read your blog because you make motherhood sound fun and easy:) Suerte!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay this is really funny! I could not read this post when you posted it because I didn't want any bad vibes and getting "Sick as a Dog!" but I don't think I will be catching this cold. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It seems each pregnancy gets worse (although mine have been relatively easy), I can't imagine what it must be like to be on 8!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...