Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree

The kids put up the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  They asked me if we could put it up, I said not yet and then went to take a nap. When I was awake it was up and lights were on it.
I didn't mind that they didn't obey me.  I just didn't want to have to do it, so I was rather pleased that it was up and I didn't have to do anything.  I like the kids owning stuff - like over the summer they wanted to put up the tent, I said go for it, but you guys have to take it down too.  They're getting pretty good.  Mel is the good leader of the pack when it comes to traditions and decorating.  I need to try not to slow her down.  The kids like decorating for Halloween and Christmas and that is totally fine by me, go for it, and then I usually get in the mood as I see them working.  (Same goes for cleaning the house, I have to make lists for then and once they start it helps me kick it in gear.)  So I did get into the Christmas spirit a little bit once they got the ball rolling and I helped put on more lights on the tree in in their bedroom windows and I took down the Fall decor and put up Christmas pinecones and such.  Plus I put on the Mannheim Steamroller and they all paused and sighed and with nostalgia said "Oohh!  This reminds me of Chile...." Great memories.
Reading Christmas books.  (Love that man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...