Thursday, February 14, 2013

Parmesan Honey Chicken

Made this for dinner tonight after linking to it here from Pinterest - I'm trying to hold off from snacking on it and eating it all until dinner time, which has been moved up an hour to help me resist, cause this is seriously so tastey!  Had to share - super easy and it tastes and smells good.  I didn't have a pork roast on hand, so I took a risk by substituting chicken and it works - I'm hoping it's a hit with the kids (who didn't care for the Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken on Sunday) - this one I'm hoping is a family keeper!
 
Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
  • ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • ½ cup honey
  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp dried basil
  • 2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • ¼ cup cold water
Instructions: Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
 
I threw some potatoes in the crockpot, and now I've officially killed enough time, so gonna go set the table.  It's dinner time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...